Harsco CorporationFull time Full day
Harsco Environmental is the premier provider of material processing and environmental services to the global steel and metals industries. Our onsite mill services and resource recovery services offer sustainable solutions that maximize environmental benefit and return valuable raw material into production. We also have developed a range of by-products for specialized applications across industry, construction and agriculture, which utilize Harsco’s expertise in mineral materials.
The Master Mechanic heavy mobile equipment is responsible for diagnosing, assisting in planning and organizing of, and then performing related work as required in repairing, modifying, and maintaining internal combustion engines, vehicles and related mechanisms of the type used in steel mill services, construction, and surface mining. This includes providing training and guidance to mechanics at levels below Master. The Master Mechanic will work under general supervision following Company rules, regulations and policies, requiring the ability to prepare pre-task plan, organize all tools and supplies required, and perform operations, to complete assigned tasks or tasks according to prescribed time schedule always ensuring that safety is first in all actions. This is a 24/7 365 operation and requires employees to work shifts, holidays and weekends.
- The Master Mechanic will be able to identify possible defects during all mandatory equipment inspections, and determine potential failure mode or deterioration from inspection information provided by lesser grade mechanics for all fixed and mobile equipment on site.
- Work is performed under shop conditions or similar environment and in the field with intermittent exposure to adverse weather conditions in a steel mill outdoor environment. Work may require heavy physical effort and periodically must be performed under adverse weather conditions.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Test heavy mobile equipment after repair or assembly to ensure proper performance and compliance with manufacturers' specifications.
- Diagnose faults or malfunctions to determine required repairs, using engine diagnostic equipment such as computerized test equipment and calibration devices.
- Clean, lubricate, and perform other routine maintenance work on equipment and vehicles.
- Weld or solder broken parts and structural members, using electric or gas welders and soldering tools.
- Clean parts by spraying them with grease solvent or immersing them in tanks of solvent.
- Adjust, maintain, and repair or replace subassemblies, such as transmissions and crawler heads, using hand tools, jacks, and cranes.
- Measure and fabricate needed parts or items from sheet metal.
Must be have experience and be competent in:
- Electo-mechanic applications
- Electronic Technology
- Tier 4I Technology
“We offer competitive benefits, including health insurance, life insurance and disability plans, as well as a 401k with company matching.
Harsco is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not intended to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position.”