First Class Millwright
Lehigh HansonFull time Full day
Line Of Business: Cement Operations
Primary Location: Nazareth-PA
Pay Class: Hourly
The Company and the Role:
Lehigh Hanson is one of the largest construction materials companies in North America with more than 550 active operations in the U.S. and Canada. Our core activities include the production and distribution of cement and aggregates, the two essential raw materials in concrete.
Lehigh Hanson companies also produce ready-mixed concrete, asphalt and other concrete products. Lehigh Hanson is part of the HeidelbergCement Group, the global market leader in aggregates with leading positions in cement, concrete and other downstream activities. HeidelbergCement employs some 57,000 people at more than 3,000 locations in more than 50 countries.
It all begins with active personal involvement – curiosity. Why can’t things be done differently, better or maybe simpler? Over the years, curiosity builds knowledge. We offer that for you! We have an opportunity for as a first class Millwright . You’ll be able to use your skills to weld, repair mechanical drives, read blueprints, set bearings, rig, and make recommendations for improvement.
This position will reside in Nazareth, PA.
What you’ll get to do:
- Work on and trouble shoot pneumatic systems, hydraulic systems, and electrical systems.
- Operate mobile equipment in association with maintenance activities.
- Reading and interpretation of diagrams, prints, and schematics.
- Proficiently use test and diagnostic equipment.
- Responsible for maintaining plant mechanical, hydraulic, mobile and stationary equipment. Included in such work will be position welding, fieldwork and operation of equipment including but not limited to drills and cutting torches.
- Ensure compliance with all health, safety, and environmental regulations, as well as company policies and procedures
Who we are looking for:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Technical training for mechanical preferred.
- 5 years of manufacturing experience preferred
- Must be able to measure and compute angles and fittings..
- Ability to work different shifts, holiday and/or overtime as required.
- Physical Requirements: sitting, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, twisting, climbing, balancing, bending (bending at the waist, lifting above the waist and lifting below the waist), kneeling, reaching, grasping (use of both hands), squatting, repetitive motions, manipulative finger movements with both hands, use of wrists (flexing or rotating with both wrists), use of both feet, use of arms above and below shoulder, work extended periods of time in same position, perform duties in all climates i.e. weather, extreme temperatures, tolerate heights, lift and carry up to 75 lbs., capable of wearing respiratory and other personal protective equipment.
Benefits & Compensation:
We appreciate that candidates have many questions when considering opportunities, so we want to let you know that we offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package, which we like to share with candidates a little bit later in the process.
No search firms please
Lehigh Hanson is a drug free workplace
Employer Statement: Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Female / Veteran / Disabled