Technical Illustrator ( Remote )
CommScopeFull time Full day
In our ‘always on’ world, we believe it’s essential to have a genuine connection with the work you do.
If you wish to be a part of a team dedicated to delivering industry-leading performance through outstanding talent, and a culture of innovation and collaboration, then this is an opportunity you won't want to miss!
CommScope is looking to add a Remote Senior Technical Illustrator to our RUCKUS team.
How You'll Help Us Connect the World
This role will be instrumental in analyzing the requirements and developing content for products serving the converged wired and wireless enterprise networks. Being a member of a worldwide customer support organization, you will have an opportunity to work in a world class organization, offering you an unparalleled opportunity for mobility across segments, technologies, and functional teams/areas. This provides an excellent opportunity to participate in development of software for the enterprise and cloud products. We are best positioned to innovate and revolutionize connecting industry leading applications to information in public & private cloud virtual and physical network environments. You will get to understand the “big picture” and contribute towards helping develop and deliver the next generation documentation for new products and features.
More specifically, as a Senior Technical Illustrator, you will:
- Conceptualize, design, and create illustrations to convey fundamental concepts and mechanical functionality of various technical products.
- Produce illustrations for installation, configuration, management, monitoring, troubleshooting, and other product guides.
- Create, obtain, and edit graphics, illustrations, screenshots, and screencasts.
- Work with a content management system to maintain a library of figures and illustrations.
- Research and use reference materials of the subjects of images to create, edit, and update illustrations.
- Complete illustration assignments in a timely manner in conjunction with the document development process.
- Create draft illustrations for review and approval.
- Edit existing illustrations to make corrections or updates as needed.
- Write and edit technical illustration processes and procedures.
- Work with technical writers, software developers, architects, product managers, and other domain experts to produce intuitive and easy-to-understand illustrations that capture product conceptual and mechanical functionality.
- Collaborate with geographically diverse multi-functional teams and other members of the technical content team to ensure consistency in illustrations and illustration styling.
Required Qualifications for Consideration
- Associate degree in a related discipline
- Five or more years of strong experience developing technical illustrations for software and/or hardware products.
- PC proficiency in MS Office, including Word and Excel.
- Strong experience with Adobe Creative Cloud (Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Premier, and Adobe After Effects) to create, edit, and update illustrations.
- Experience with Adobe products for post-production of short-length digital media.
- Strong teamwork skills and the ability to work with geographically diverse multi-functional team members.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with an emphasis on tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to grasp new technologies.
You Will Excite Us If You Have
- Proven expertise in developing and maintaining illustrations for networking products.
- Proven organizational skills with attention to detail and the ability to prioritize and work well in an environment with competing demands.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud.
- Experience working with worldwide documentation teams.
- Experience with content management systems.
What happens after you apply?
Learn how to prepare yourself for the next steps in our hiring process by visiting https://careers.commscope.com/how-we-hire
Our dynamic work environment attracts forward-thinking, hardworking, and caring people who strive to build what’s next. We provide our employees with opportunities where they can innovate and build while growing and developing their careers. We grow with change and know the value diversity plays in bringing forth new insights and generating better solutions.
Perks & Benefits: The candidate will be rewarded with a comprehensive benefits package, including paid vacation, medical, dental, and vision plans, life and accidental death insurance, a 401(k) plan, and participation in the Company’s Annual Incentive Plan.
Salary Range: $98k- $128k/ annualy
CommScope is on a quest to deliver connectivity that empowers how we live, work, and learn. Our employees push the boundaries of communications technology that enables game-changing discoveries like 5G, the Internet of Things, and gigabit speeds for everyone, everywhere. With our unmatched expertise in copper, fiber, and wireless infrastructure, our global clients rely on us to outperform today and be ready for the needs of tomorrow.
If you want to grow your career alongside bright, passionate, and caring people who strive to create what's next…..come connect to your future at CommScope.
CommScope is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO), including people with disabilities and veterans. If you are seeking an accommodation for the application or interview process, please contact us to submit your request at [email protected] You can also learn more about CommScope’s accommodation process and EEO policy at careers.commscope.com/eeo
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.