Virtual Trauma Data Abstractor
ParallonFull time Full day
DescriptionSHIFT: Work From Home
This is a remote/ work from home position.
Do you want to be a part of a family and not just another employee? Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application today and find out what it truly means to be a part of a team.
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. Your benefits include 401(k), PTO, medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment. In addition to base salary, this position is also eligible for an annual incentive. Incentive measures may include HCA financial performance, line of business financial performance, quality, operational indicators or performance goals.
As a trauma data abstractor, you will be responsible for abstraction of data for complex core measures, complex cardiovascular services and infectious disease data.
What you will do in this role:
- Complete abstraction process for assigned facility(ies), including abstraction of cases into the required system (e.g., COMET, TheraDoc, Digital Innovations, NHSN, etc.).
- Review medical records to abstract information according to the standards of various regulatory and accreditation agencies (e.g., CMS, TJC, NHSN, etc.).
- Submit data timely through the appropriate reporting system.
- Resolve errors resulting in the rejection of records from the data entry system.
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients' lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for dedicated professionals like you to be a part of our Data Abstraction team. Join us in our efforts to better our community!
- High School education/GED required
- Undergraduate (Associate or Bachelor) degree or successful completion of a certified coding program preferred
- Trauma Abstracting experience (Level 1 or 2) preferred
- 1 year in Health Information Management; Coding, Nursing, and/or Health Registry abstraction experience preferred.
- Certificate/License: RHIA, RHIT, CSS, LVN or RN preferred
Parallon is an industry leader in revenue cycle services. We partner with over 650 hospitals and 2,400 physician practices nation-wide. Our parent company, HCA Healthcare has been consistently named a World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere and is ranked in the Fortune 100. We are dedicated to ensuring our patients have the best experience even after they leave our facilities.
Be a part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications. Highly qualified candidates will be promptly contacted for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.