Mental Health Associate - Behavioral Emergency Department - Plainsboro, NJ (Full-Time)
Penn Medicine -ProdFull time Full day
DescriptionPenn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
The Mental Health Associate will assist with the care and monitoring of behavioral health patients in the University Medical Center of Princeton at Plainsboro Emergency Department.
- ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- 1. Participates as a member of the treatment team for the patient’s individualized treatment program
- 2. Maintains a safe and therapeutic milieu by enforcing program rules, regulations and limits. Assists in monitoring and maintaining the environmental standards for the physical environment
- 3. Performs behavioral observations, completes unit rounds, checks and monitors patients as assigned
- 4. Assists in emergencies and codes according to established protocols
- 5. Provides orientation to unit for new patients, including assisting with patient searches
Education or Equivalent Experience:
Bachelor of Arts or Science (Required)
- A minimum of a bachelors degree, in a Social Science preferred
Related Work Experience
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.