Category Manager - Jan San Open to Remote
North American CorporationFull time Full day
Envoy Solutions, a diversified distribution company with over $1.5 billion in revenue, is bringing together leading brands from the facility supplies, packaging solutions, and specialty products industries. We’re building a national platform that will enable us to leverage product knowledge, category expertise and local presence to help make buildings cleaner and more sustainable, people safer and operations more productive, every day. Our portfolio of companies includes North American, WAXIE, SEPG, Daycon, North Woods, PJP, Johnston, Next-Gen, Swish White River, Valley Janitor Supply, Weiss Bros., General Chemical & Supply, and NVISION. Our combined company employs more than 2,700 associates, operates 52 distribution centers, and supports more than 66,000 customers.
At Envoy Solutions, our focus is on creating greater efficiencies and scale, with a high-touch, customer-first approach. We’ve combined the expertise of local consultants and sales teams with a wider portfolio of products and deeper category knowledge. We work both nationally and regionally to ensure responsiveness to the industry’s toughest challenges, and we deliver a more efficient and streamlined distribution model on behalf of our customers.
The purpose of this position is to manage a specific product category sold across multiple commercial, institutional and industrial markets. The position works as part of a cross-functional group and leads the development of strategy, business planning, and product/program definition. The position is responsible for selecting appropriate suppliers and managing the relationship and performance to ensure our products are aligned with what our customers are demanding. There is a high degree of collaboration across internal functional groups as well as sales, customers and suppliers.
- Using market assessments, channel development, collaborate with Marketing and sales resources, to develop and implement and manage a business plan to position products, systems and service offerings by market segments that align with what our customers are demanding. Identify new products and develop programs to meet the needs of our customers including NA Branded products.Develop and organize support materials for sales force. Manage assets through inventory management, SKU consolidation/rationalization.
- Through supplier selection, management and negotiation manage the cost/margin for a specific product category. Accountable to category sales volume and net margin performance.Sets pricing direction for sales.
- Lead all aspects of supplier relationship management including business reviews, SLA performance, manufacturer rep utilization/effectiveness, etc.
- Develop, implement and manage a supplier scorecard that drives the metrics (margin, inventory turns, etc.) to ensure our suppliers are meeting our performance requirements.Collaborating with sales and marketing, develop management reporting tools that outline the performance and status of each product and/or supplier.
- Lead training and expertise across internal team on Category, products, industry trends, market dynamics, etc.
- Performance management and development supporting team within Cost, Support, Purchasing, Customer Service, etc.
The ideal candidate will have:
- 7-10 years of specific product line knowledge including (market, commercial distribution, suppliers).
- 10-15 years of negotiations, vendor management, with existing relationships in the specific product line.
- 5-7 years in marketing or experience with developing product marketing plans.
- 5-7 years of project and people management including budget management and people development.
- Proficient in Microsoft applications especially Excel with the ability to leverage databases.
- Superior verbal communication skills, proficient in written communication.
- Strong in analytical skills; superior business judgment and decision making competencies.
This position offers a competitive starting salary and comprehensive benefits program.
Envoy Solutions (and its subsidiaries) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This means that all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, marital status or civil union status, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or any other characteristic protected by law. We also provide reasonable accommodations to our applicants and employees with disabilities in order to assist them in the performance of their essential job functions.