Talent Development Consultant
PeaceHealthFull time Full day
PeaceHealth is seeking a Talent Development Consultant for a Full Time, 1.00 FTE, Day position.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
Improves organizational capability and effectiveness by assessing organizational needs, providing consultation, driving change, improving caregiver engagement and developing high performing teams to deliver on the business strategies. Provides organizational and learning development subject matter expertise and consulting services that support system-wide needs and initiatives. Leads Talent Development collaboration efforts with network chief executive teams and system leadership to assess needs, develop and deliver services ranging from team development to system-wide education programs and leader succession management. Leads network Caregiver Engagement support work group with chief executives, operational leaders, mission and other key stakeholders. Represents the larger Talent Development team as a primary point of contact for specific PeaceHealth geographic networks and system project(s). Partners with subject matter experts in areas such as HR, mission, quality, process improvement, clinical education, caregiver and patient experience.
- Acts as the main Talent Development contact for assigned networks and other senior level leaders and engages them in the development and implementation of Caregiver Development and Experience strategic priorities that support mission, operational and department goals.
- Works closely with leadership and other HR Partners to design, implement development programs and ensuring program goals are met. Collaborates with HR Partner Organization (HRPO) to identify and assess the leadership, caregiver and team skills, competencies and structures needed to deliver on strategies that enhance the capabilities of leaders and caregivers to support the PeaceHealth vision, mission, values, and strategic initiatives; consulting with leaders on how to develop and/or realign to meet those capabilities. Provides guidance on programmatic approach to improvement activities.
- Formulates organization development and learning strategies aligned with business priorities. Utilizes ROI methodology to determine strategic learning objectives, development needs and accountabilities of leaders, groups and organization in collaboration with executives and other business partners. Applies analytics and metrics to drive sound recommendations and solutions.
- Develops or consults on solutions to address business needs and build on organizational strengths. Designs learning programs or other innovative solutions and monitors effectiveness.
- Provides change management consultation for large scale change initiatives including technical and cultural integrations, creation of new services, etc. Conducts sensing or focus group sessions, synthesizing data and providing executive-level summaries with recommended action plans.
- In collaboration with leaders, identifies, designs, delivers and manages talent development strategies, tools and processes. Assists in the design of PeaceHealth’s succession management strategies, plans and programs and supports the implementation of the same.
- Provides facilitation and conducts training as needed to support Talent Development programs. Mentors and coaches Talent Development team members to improve competencies, knowledge and skills. Leads team collaborations and projects.
- Assesses geographic network specific OD/Talent Development needs in collaboration with network partners and provides regular feedback to leaders on effectiveness of organization including recommendations for needed OD/Talent assistance.
- Works with sponsors to plan, execute and manage talent development projects and programs, including evaluation, benchmarking, reporting and continuous improvement.
- Employs measurement methodology, analyzes data, synthesizes themes and trends, and summarizes and presents data in formats appropriate for the audience.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS Required unless otherwise stated
- Bachelor’s Degree with focus in in behavioral sciences, human resource management, Business or related discipline required. Master’s preferred.
- Five years OD/L&D experience with expertise in organizational assessment and diagnosis, design and facilitation of interventions, and change management skills.
- Experience facilitating talent management processes and assessing and developing talent.
- Demonstrated success in leading and managing learning projects in healthcare and/or multi-site organizational experience preferred.
- Prosci Change Practitioner or equivalent certification preferred
- Demonstrated ability of influencing senior leaders, delivering practical solutions and driving change.
- Subject matter expertise in organizational development methodologies including organizational and process design.
- Able to apply contemporary best practice OD and adult learning tools, approaches and improvement models.
- Knowledge of organizational and team dynamics and methods to support continued improvement in these areas
- Knowledgeable regarding practices for adult learning, employee engagement, and culture transformation.
- Demonstrated knowledge of adult learning theory, needs assessment, and the facilitation of work teams.
- Ability to develop and present concise information.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in all Microsoft office tools.
PHYSICAL / COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS
- Work requires fairly light physical exertion 34% to 65% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 30 lbs. or less.
- Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate lighting and ventilation.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.