Great Lakes Services, LLCFull time Full day
The Housekeeping Supervisor brings joy to families at Great Wolf Lodge by acting as a core driver of front line efficiency and effectiveness in the Housekeeping department. This leadership role is critical in the selection, training, staffing, and coaching of front line staff to ensure the safety, quality, and timeliness standards of the guest experience.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Leads and mentors housekeeping staff daily to ensure cleanliness standards and operational efficiencies are met or exceeded.
- Ensures the turnover of all vacant and clean rooms in a timely manner; verifies stayovers, reports early check outs, and communicates issues and discrepancies with front office.
- Provides coaching, encouragement, and recognition to pack members when necessary.
- Understands and champions Great Wolf policies and procedures, and collaborates with Housekeeping leadership in performance management of the department and its Pack Members.
- Understands and participates in scheduling of staff, labor management and forecasting.
- Participates in the development and execution of training programs for new hires as well as ongoing training for Pack Members.
- Creates and schedules daily assignments, daily and weekly projects, and optimizes staff to ensure lodge cleanliness and performance.
- Conducts daily stand up meetings with Room Attendants and House Attendants in order to prioritize the day and facilitates feedback from Pack Members.
- Escalates pack feedback to leadership.
- Inspects guest rooms for cleanliness, damage, supply levels, maintenance issues, and temperature control, and reviews results with Room Attendants; coaches and drives accountability and performance improvement.
- Ensures linen storage rooms, trash rooms, and housekeeping carts are clean, organized, and properly inventoried for the next day's activities; ensures and promotes safety standards in these areas.
- Supervises activities of staff and area to ensure compliance with resort standards, including the management of time and attendance.
- Participates in recruitment process and selection of talent for the housekeeping department.
- Assists with regular state of the team meetings and helps plan engagement activities for pack members.
- Ensures the completion and proper communication/escalation of maintenance work orders and other concerns to the appropriate department.
- Schedules deep clean and carpet care based on bi-yearly schedule and guest comments.
Basic Qualifications & Skills
- High School diploma or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 1 year experience in a Rooms Division supervisor or similar supervisor position
- Prior hospitality or housekeeping experience or equivalent formal education
- Experience with Microsoft Office and general software systems; proficiency in Excel, Word and Outlook Experience with HotSos or similar system
- Demonstrated interpersonal and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated customer service, conflict resolution, employee engagement, retention and team building skills Ability to work flexible schedule including nights, weekends, and/or Holidays as needed
Desired Qualifications & Traits
- Bachelor's degree
- Previous housekeeping experience, preferably in large family resort or hotel
- Experience with Opera or similar system
- Bilingual, English and Spanish
- Time management skills in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to lift 30lbs
- Ability to stand/walk for long periods
- Ability to bend, stretch and twist
- Capable of tolerating exposure to chemicals
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.