Airgas Inc.Full time Full day
The Collections Specialist is responsible for communicating with customers to collect on past due accounts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
- Monitor and manage assigned accounts.
- Contact customers on past due accounts via phone or email in a fast paced, goal oriented environment. - Provide customer service regarding account and collection issues. Assist customers with account reconciliation questions and discrepancies as needed.
- Contact customer and resolve short payments/ remittance questions. Communicate closely with Cash applications team.
- Process customer refunds.
- Review and process account adjustments, credit memos and small balance write-offs.
- Accountable for reducing delinquency for assigned accounts.
- Review and release and/or hold customer orders based on account status (credit limit, past due invoices, etc), Work with Sales Dept to ensure that accounts are managed efficiently.
- Establish and maintain effective and cooperative working relationships with all other Depts (Sales, Billing, Shipping, Contracts).
- Must maintain collection percentages, AR over 60 days and bad debt levels as required by management. Must meet or exceed established goals.
- Work closely with Sales department to provide data as needed and ensure timely resolution of AR issues. - Other duties deemed appropriate and assigned by management.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- At least 5 years of commercial collection experience
- An ability to see the credit operation as a financially oriented customer service function which balances cost control with support for the business.
- The successful candidate must have a strong “customer service” mindset and the ability to use collaborative and non adversarial approaches in achieving diverse goals.
PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS: The successful candidate will possess:
- Good organizational and people skills. The ability to work and navigate within a complex organization.
- Strong verbal and written communication and customer service skills and a quality mindset.
- The ability to adapt to a rapidly-changing environment and understand/utilize new technologies and tools.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Able to talk, hear, walk sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel or crouch.
- Specific vision abilities to include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to focus objects.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. · The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate and the work environment is an office setting.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability