TECHNICIAN LEAD MAINTENANCE
IP BiloxiFull time Full day
Responsible for the successful installation, operation, and maintenance of audio visual systems. Ensures projects are completed by assisting AV Supervisor/Manager in planning and implementation.
- Conduct weekly meetings with staff to ensure proper communication is established.
- Install, diagnose, inspect, repair, maintain, adjust, modify and perform major overhaul and repair of refrigeration and air conditioning systems by interpreting blueprints, manufacturer specifications, written and verbal instructions.
- Make initial settings and final adjustments of refrigeration and air conditioning systems and modifying existing installations to obtain required results.
- Install, troubleshoot, repair or calibrate, and maintain reciprocating and centrifugal chillers, cooling towers, direct expansion systems, electric blast coils, immersion coils pumps, fans, starters, pneumatic and electric controls, electrostatic filters, domestic refrigerators, laboratory ultra low temperature boxes, walk-in coolers and freezers, fountain equipment and ice makers.
- Check and adjust complete air conditioning and refrigeration systems after installation.
- Charge all types of refrigeration equipment.
- Follow a predetermined schedule of preventive maintenance; make recommendations regarding major overhaul of systems.
- Repair and maintain low-pressure hot water systems, gas wall heaters, ventilation units and air conditioning units.
- Replace fans, belts, motors, gaskets, filters, and compressors; lubricate parts.
- Adjust and install switches, gauges, thermostats, valves, tubing transformers, pressure regulators, controllers, and other parts as needed.
- Descale tubing; cut and thread pipe; make pipe and electrical connections.
- Add refrigerants and oil; test for defective parts; make electrical repairs related to air conditioning, heating and ventilation equipment.
- Determine requirements for parts, materials, supplies, tools and equipment; establish cost of repairs and equipment replacement; check and test new equipment.
- Operate specialized machinery, equipment and tools utilized in the repair and maintenance of heating, ventilation and air conditioning.
- Maintain tools, equipment and supplies in a safe and orderly condition.
- Maintain routine records and purchase parts as necessary.
- Adhere to and maintain aware of all property and departmental safety procedures.
- Carry a two way radio at all times on their shift.
- Keep all areas clean.
- Ability to effectively present information either orally or in writing to supervisors
- Ability to estimate material and time required to complete various tasks.
- Have knowledge of EPA requirements/ codes and log all refrigerate usage.
- Provide incredible customer service.
- There may be times the associate will be called upon to perform any task in other areas of the facility as a support team member.
- Train current and new associates on any new or existing equipment.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English.
- Two to five years of related experience in the casino industry as a Lead HVAC Engineer preferred.
- CFC License, working knowledge of all areas of refrigeration controls and refrigeration types.
- Must have excellent leadership skills to assign projects and strong leadership skills in directing and coaching others.
- High School Diploma or GED preferred.
- Ability to multi-task and think and re-act quickly.
- Must have equipment certification for man lifts, forklifts, etc.
- Familiar with tool, equipment and techniques associated with related equipment. Also knowledge of standard hand and power tools and equipment used in repair & maintenance of said equipment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.