Healthcare Data Analyst
Piper CompaniesFull time Full day
Piper Companies is seeking a qualified Healthcare Data Analyst to join a growing health plan provider based out of the Baltimore, MD area. The Healthcare Data Analyst will work in close collaboration with Clinical, Pharmacy, and executive leadership to design, develop reports and conduct analyses using healthcare utilization, operational, clinical, and financial data from various healthcare information sources to measure and drive member and care model outcomes
- Analyze and regularly report upon clinical and operational care model data from EHR (eClinicalWorks), pharmacy point of sale system (RX30), population health management systems, medical and pharmacy claims provided by health plan payers, and other internal and third-party data streams, as necessary.
- Design with key performance metrics, actionability, clinicians, and patients in mind; utilize data to not only identify potential impact, but also test and monitor performance of clinical metrics and outcomes.
- Automate manual reporting and develop novel reporting using the Microsoft BI stack and other reporting tools.
- Communicate analyses, results, and reports in a simple and clear fashion to all levels and functional areas of the organization.
- Conduct analyses using tools such as SQL, Excel, Power BI.
- Conduct extensive data mining and analyses to identify trends, opportunities, and best practices.
- Organize, clarify, and translate business processes into reporting requirements from a diverse set of end users (e.g., executives, clinicians),
- Interpret medical data fields to understand the population’s compliance with standard quality measures (e.g., HEDIS, NCQA).
- Relate disparate data sets to extract actionable insights.
- 3-5 years of health care data interpretation, analysis, and reporting experience.
- 1+ years of experience with Microsoft Power BI, Power Query, or other Business Intelligence Tools.
- Clinical background with EHR experience (eClinicalWorks), Pharmacy point of sale systems, and/or population health management systems preferred. Health plan experience with Managed Medicaid and Medicare Advantage plans a plus.
- 3+ years of experience with the Microsoft BI stack, including SSMS, SSRS, SSIS, and Power BI or other visualization tools strongly preferred.
- Experience with building data models, data mining and using data to drive business outcomes and decisions required.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, information technology, statistics, mathematics, health sciences, or related field or equivalent work experience required.
- Comprehensive benefits plan (medical, dental, vision, 401K, PTO, Paid Holidays)