Per Visit Infusion Nurse (PPV RN)
Johns Hopkins HospitalFull time Full day
Per Visit Infusion Nurse (PPV RN)
Requisition #: 613955
Location: Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore, MD 21201
Work Shift: Day Shift
Work Week: Casual (less than 20)
Weekend Work Required: No
Date Posted: Nov. 21, 2022
It is a beautiful thing when a career and a passion come together.
Here at Johns Hopkins Home Care Group (JHHCG) we believe in relationship building and collaboration. Our employees are making a difference every day in the lives of patients in their homes and the community.
Employees with JHHCG can access a host of valuable benefits, including competitive salary and wages, health, dental and vision insurance, tuition reimbursement and career enrichment opportunities.
Join us and be a part of something bigger.
Delivers safe, therapeutic patient care through use of the nursing process. Provides intermittent, skilled home infusion services to a group of patients with guidance from the interdisciplinary team and under the direction of Nurse Manager. Provides complete holistic patient assessments for infusion patients with focused assessments involving IV access care, patient specific nursing treatments and education for both the patient and family. Employs the concepts of evidence based practice and an interdisciplinary approach in all aspects of a patient's plan of care. Complies with all Johns Hopkins Home Care Group policies and procedures and maintains practice within the Maryland Nurse Practice Act. Reports directly to the Nurse Manager.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing, BSN preferred
- Mid-line Certification, preferred
- Knowledge and understanding of Enteral and Parenteral nutrition including care for Feeding tubes.
- Knowledge and understanding of Patient Controlled Analgesia (PCA) infusion via IV and SC routes.
- Knowledge and understanding of vascular system and its interrelatedness to other body systems.
- Proficiency in:
- Starting/maintaining patency of peripheral IV's.
- Knowledge of and ability to care for central venous access devices (CVAD).
- Blood drawing from CVAD.
- Knowledge of JCAHO, Federal, and State regulatory standards
- Knowledge and understanding of Medication Management including administration of IV Medications, Side effects, and Anaphylaxis management
Required Licensure, Certification, etc.:
- Current and unrestricted RN licensure in state of practice
- Current BLS certification
- Current Maryland State Driver's License and agreement to comply with Maryland Seat Belt Law
- Current auto insurance
- Minimum of two years hospital experience as a practicing nurse. (ICU or specialty unit preferred)
- Infusion nursing experience preferred but not required
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
We are committed to providing a healthy and safe environment for our patients, visitors and staff members. The Johns Hopkins Hospital has a tobacco-free at work policy. Employees must refrain from using any tobacco products during their work shifts — including while at lunch or on breaks, and whether they are on or off campus.