Sustainability and Carbon Analyst
U-HaulFull time Full day
Location:2727 N Central Ave, Phoenix, Arizona 85004 United States of America
U-Haul Corporate Sustainability is looking for a motivated and dynamic Sustainability & Carbon Analyst to join our team. Under the direction of the Chief Sustainability Scientist, the Sustainability & Carbon Analyst will implement and administer programs and projects related to greenhouse gas (GHG) inventory development, carbon accounting and benchmarking, and carbon disclosures. The successful Sustainability & Carbon Analyst will have excellent organization and time management skills, communication skills, and must be detail oriented. Must demonstrate proficiency in research methodologies, quantitative analysis, and project management. Knowledge of sustainability issues is preferred, with an emphasis on greenhouse gas data management and carbon accounting.
The Sustainability & Carbon Analyst will:
- Assist in the development and implementation of GHG Emission inventory to quantify and organize information by using common standards and protocols.
- Create and track a carbon accounting inventory for all U-Haul operating segments.
- Research and propose mitigation strategies and reduction opportunities.
- Assist in developing practical and measurable sustainability and climate change initiatives including vision, targets, metrics, data collection, and GHG analysis and verification.
- Track timelines and implementation of Building Energy Performance Standards and ordinances.
- Submit energy benchmarking reports using Energy Star Portfolio Manager to local governing authorities.
- Proactively search for and understand sustainability industry trends, legislation, and policies which may impact U-Haul.
- Focus on principles including transparency, accuracy, completeness, consistency, relevance, and comparability.
- Communicate effectively with the other sustainability team members.
- Stay knowledgeable of trends in the field.
- BS/BA degree in sustainability, environmental, economics, statistics, or a closely related field
- 2-5 years of related experience
- Excellent research and data analysis skills and an interest in performing quantitative analysis in support of highly visible work
- Must have excellent project management and communication (both written and verbal) skills
- Familiar with Greenhouse Gas Protocol, GRI, TCFD, and CDP
- Must possess an aptitude for working in a computerized environment, proficient in Microsoft Office and other office productivity software
- Be a team player with unquestionable integrity
- Have demonstrated flexibility and experience and willingness to learn and work on projects
Perks of joining the U-Haul Team
Get your career moving with a company who empowers team members to the healthiest version of themselves! We provide robust wellness benefits, events, and resources to help team members become the happiest and healthiest they can be.
Here are just some of the programs U-Haul has available:
- Full Medical coverage
- New indoor fitness gym
- Onsite medical clinic for you and your family
- Career stability
- Opportunities for advancement
- Valuable on-the-job training
- Prescription plans
- Dental & Vision Plans
- Business and travel insurance
- YouMatter Employee Assistance Program
- Paid holidays, vacation, and sick days
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- 401(k) Savings Plan
- Life insurance
- Critical Illness/Group Accident
- 24-hour physician available for kids
- Subsidized gym/ membership
- MetLaw Legal program
- MetLife auto and home insurance
- Discounts on cell phone plans, hotels, and more
- LifeLock identity Theft
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Free online courses for personal and professional development at U-Haul University
- Savvy consumer wellness programs- from health care tips to financial wellness
- U-Haul federal credit union
Founded in 1945, U-Haul is the No. 1 choice of do-it-yourself movers, with a network of more than 23,000 locations across all 50 states and 10 Canadian provinces. U-Haul Truck Share 24/7 offers secure access to U-Haul trucks every hour of every day through the customer dispatch option on their smartphones and our proprietary Live Verify technology. Our customers' patronage has enabled the U-Haul fleet to grow to approximately 186,000 trucks, 128,000 trailers and 46,000 towing devices. U-Haul is the third largest self-storage operator in North America and offers 895,000 rentable storage units and 76.6 million square feet of self-storage space at owned and managed facilities. U-Haul is the largest retailer of propane in the U.S., and continues to be the largest installer of permanent trailer hitches in the automotive aftermarket industry. U-Haul has been recognized repeatedly as a leading “Best for Vets” employer and was recently named one of the 15 Healthiest Workplaces in America.
U-Haul has incorporated sustainable practices into its everyday operations since 1945. We believe that our basic business premise of equipment sharing helps reduce greenhouse gas emissions and reduces the inventory of total large capacity vehicles. We continue to look for ways to reduce waste within our business and are dedicated to manufacturing reusable components and recyclable products. We believe that our commitment to sustainability, through our products and services and everyday operations has helped us to reduce our impact on the environment.
U-Haul is an equal opportunity employer. All applications for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, provincial, state, or local law. Individual accommodations are available on requests for applicants taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Information obtained during this process will only be shared on a need-to-know basis.
AMERCO and its family of companies, including U-Haul, have strived to create a culture of health and wellness. As of February 1, 2020, and consistent with applicable state law, no AMERCO or U-Haul company will hire individuals in states where it may lawfully decline to hire individuals who use nicotine products. By continuing with this application, you are indicating that, if hired, you consent to nicotine screening in the future. This policy will not apply to team members hired before February 1, 2020.
U-Haul is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, provincial, state or local law. Individual accommodations are available on requests for applicants taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Information obtained during this process will only be shared on a need to know basis.