Traffic Engineering II
AECOMFull time Full day
At AECOM, we’re delivering a better world.
We believe infrastructure creates opportunity for everyone. Whether it’s improving your commute, keeping the lights on, providing access to clean water or transforming skylines, our work helps people and communities thrive.
Our clients trust us to bring together the best people, ideas, technical expertise and digital solutions to our work in transportation, buildings, water, the environment and new energy. We’re one global team – 47,000 strong – driven by a common purpose to deliver a better world.
Here, you will have freedom to grow in a world of opportunity.
We will give you the flexibility you need to do your best work with hybrid work options. Whether you’re working from an AECOM office, remote location or at a client site, you will be working in a dynamic environment where your integrity, entrepreneurial spirit and pioneering mindset are championed.
You will help us foster a culture of equity, diversity and inclusion – a safe and respectful workplace, where we invite everyone to bring their whole selves to work using their unique talents, backgrounds and expertise to create transformational outcomes for our clients.
We will encourage you to grow and develop your career with us through our technical and professional development programs and diverse career opportunities. We believe in leadership at all levels. No matter where you sit in the organization you can make a lasting impact on the projects you work on, the teams and committees you join and our business.
We offer competitive pay and benefits, well-being programs to support you and your family, and the development resources you need to advance your career.
When you join us, you will connect and collaborate with a global network of experts – planners, designers, engineers, scientists, consultants, program and construction managers – leading the change toward a more sustainable and equitable future. Join us and let’s get started.
AECOM is seeking a Traffic Engineer II to be based in the following locations: Orange, CA or Los Angeles, CA.
At AECOM, we’re delivering a better world. We believe infrastructure creates opportunity for everyone. Whether it’s improving your commute, keeping the lights on, providing access to clean water or transforming skylines, our work helps people and communities thrive. Our clients trust us to bring together the best people, ideas, technical expertise and digital solutions to our work in transportation, buildings, water, the environment and new energy. We’re one global team – 47,000 strong – driven by a common purpose to deliver a better world.
- Performs specific and limited portions of a broader assignment of an experienced engineer
- Gathers and correlates basic engineering data using established and well-defined procedures
- Works on detailed or routine engineering assignments involving calculations and relatively simple tests
- Proposes approach to solve new problems encountered
- Identifies discrepancies in results
- Provides guidance to entry-level engineers
- Performs work in accordance with agreed-upon budget and schedule with moderate supervision
- BS in Civil Engineering or related degree
- 2 plus years of experience or related course work in traffic engineering, transportation planning, traffic signal design, signing and striping design, traffic handling plans, ITS, and roadway design
- Knowledge of Caltrans related to traffic engineering and planning; familiarity with associated reference manuals such as Highway Capacity Manual and CA MUTCD.
- Experience with AUTOCAD or Microstation
- Experience in traffic operational analysis such as HCS and Synchro
- Engineer-in-Training (EIT) Certificate
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
With infrastructure investment accelerating worldwide, our services are in great demand, and there’s never been a better time to be at AECOM! Join us, and you’ll get all the benefits of being a part of a global, publicly traded firm – access to industry-leading technology and thinking and transformational work with big impact and work flexibility.
AECOM provides a wide array of compensation and benefits programs to meet the diverse needs of our employees and their families. We also provide a robust global well-being program. We’re the world’s trusted global infrastructure firm, and we’re in this together – your growth and success are ours too.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
Join us and let’s get started.