ESSER Instructional Assistant, Kindergarten
McAllen Independent School DistrictFull time Full day
This position is funded through ESSER funds and will be renewed on a yearly basis up to 1 1/2 years contingent upon the availability of funds.
To assist kindergarten teachers in the preparation, development, and delivery of instructional activities which will enhance student success. To facilitate and support small group instruction in the kindergarten classroom to ensure and enhance differentiated instruction.
High School Diploma or equivalent, required
Associate degree or a minimum of 48 college hours, required
Paraprofessional Certification, preferred (required upon employment)
Ability to work cooperatively with students and adults; strong interpersonal skills; ability to speak, read, write and follow written and oral instructions in English and in Spanish; First Aid and CPR Training, preferred; basic computer skills, preferred
Experience working with children, preferred
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Reinforce instruction with large and small groups of students.
- Assist teacher in maintaining a safe, attractive classroom environment that is conducive to learning.
- Assist in supervising students throughout the workday.
- Assist the teacher with clerical duties and record keeping.
- Facilitate small group instruction and learning centers
- Assist with the preparation of instructional materials.
- Under the guidance and direction of kindergarten teachers, use best practices to support student learning and ensure student academic success.
- Operate equipment to augment ongoing instruction by the teacher.
- Follow McAllen ID customer service standards.
- Perform other job duties as assigned by immediate supervisor (primary evaluator) in accordance with funding source guidelines.?
Computer, copiers, multimedia equipment and other classroom/office machines
Maintain emotional control under stress
Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
Various body movements to facilitate instruction (i.e. dancing, running, bending, skipping, etc.); occasional lifting and/or moving up to 45 pounds and over; ability to provide for sanitation needs and student hygiene as required; assist in the restraining of students in crisis situations.
Hourly Pay Range: (Pay Grade IS-02)
Note: Starting pay for a new hire in a pay range plan will be determined individually based on each person's job-related experience and salaries paid to peer employees in the same position with similar experience.
Job Contact Information