OFFICE SPECIALIST (OPTION 2 TYPING) (UPWARD MOBILITY)
State of IllinoisFull time Full day
Agency : Department of Healthcare and Family Services
Job Posting ID: CS22265
BPIS: 09971, 11837, & 11723
Group: CL (B-H)
Start Date: 1/24/2023
Closing Date: 02/06/2023
Salary: $3,710 - $5,142 (Anticipated salary for non-state $3,710)
Job Type: Salaried Full Time
Number of Vacancies: 3
This position is a union position; therefore, provisions of the relevant collective bargaining agreement/labor contract apply to the filling of this position.
Current State of Illinois employees should click the link near the top left to apply through the SuccessFactors employee career portal. If you are seeking a Transfer, please remember to upload a State of Illinois Department of Central Management Services Illinois Federation of Public Employees (IFPE) - Transfer Request Form.
All applicants who want to be considered for this position MUST apply electronically through the illinois.jobs2web.com website.
Applications submitted via email or any paper manner (mail, fax, hand delivery) will not be considered.
Posting Identification Number CS22265
Job Posting Details:
The Department of Healthcare and Family Services (HFS)’s, Division of Child Support Services is seeking to hire a highly qualified and motivated professional to join our Call Center in the role of Office Specialist. The Office Specialist answers telephone inquiries on child support services, reviews case information, resolves account discrepancies, schedules appointments for regional office visits, and perform other complex, specialized paraprofessional technical functions within the Call Center.
The ideal candidate will have excellent mathematical, communication, organizational, and analytical skills to be successful in performing the operations of Unit 1/Team A in the Call Center, while maintaining working relationships with other governmental professional organizations.
HFS values employees with different backgrounds, life experiences, and talents.
Employees receive a robust benefit package including:
- Monday-Friday work schedule
- Flexible work schedules are available in many program areas. (Remote work may be an option for certain positions.)
- Health, Life, Vision, and Dental Insurance
- Pension Plan
- (10) Weeks paid Maternity/Paternity Leave
- Deferred Compensation Program and other pre-tax benefit programs (Medical/Daycare)
- Employees earn (12) paid Sick Days annually.
- New Employees earn (10) paid Vacation Days their first year of service and can earn up to (25) paid Vacation Days annually.
- Employees earn (3) paid Personal Days annually.
- (13-14) paid holidays annually (based on start date)
If you are seeking a new opportunity, and this position appeals to you, please apply today!
At the Illinois Department of Healthcare and Family Services (HFS), we value staff as our greatest asset. We work in a spirit of teamwork to help millions of Illinoisans access high quality healthcare and fulfill child support obligations to advance their physical, mental, and financial well-being. We provide healthcare coverage for children and adults through Medicaid and other medical programs, and we help ensure that children receive financial resources from both their parents through Child Support Services. The HFS Office of the Inspector General investigates, audits and reviews program activity to ensure the integrity of our programs is maintained.
HFS is committed to promoting and preserving a workplace culture that embraces diversity, equity, and inclusion. We welcome and value employees with different backgrounds, life experiences, and talents. It is the collective sum of our individual differences that provides a broad perspective, leading to greater innovation and achievement. In recruiting for our team, we recognize the unique contributions of each applicant regardless of culture, ethnicity, race, national origin, sex, gender identity and expression, age, religion, disability, and sexual orientation. HFS is an equal opportunity employer.
- Performs complex, specialized paraprofessional and technical functions for Team A in Unit 1 of the Division of Child Support Service’s (DCSS) Call Center
- Researches and resolves appointment issues
- Research multiple case and docket issues via the KIDS and the Cook County Circuit Clerk System (T-KIDS)
- Resolves customer inquiries by serving Income Withholding Notices (IWNs) on the Department of Employment Security
- Explains the legal process to CPs and NCPs without giving legal advice
- Confirms if Voluntary Acknowledgement of Paternity (VAP) has been received
- Determines if modification is warranted and explains to CP and NCP reasons for denial and/or next steps in the modification process
- Explains to CP only Healthcare & Family Services’ (HFS) balances vs. CP’s balances
- Contacts other state workers to resolve discrepancies in account balances and to request status on cases pending in the other state
- Independently responds to e-mails received via the department’s Web address
- Performs other duties as required or assigned which are reasonably within the scope of the duties enumerated above
- Requires knowledge, skill, and mental development equivalent to two years of secretarial/business college and one year of office experience or completion of high school and three years of office experience or three years of independent business experience
- Requires ability to keyboard accurately at 30 words per minute
Conditions of Employment
- Requires the ability to pass a national background check prior to employment due to accessing confidential federal tax information
- Requires the ability to utilize and maintain state issued equipment such as a laptop and/or cell phone
Work Hours: 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Monday - Friday
Work Location: 509 S 6th St Springfield, IL 62701-1809
Agency Contact: [email protected]
Job Family: Clerical and Administrative Support
This position DOES NOT contain “Specialized Skills” (as that term is used in CBAs).
Use the “Apply” button at the top right or bottom right of this posting to begin the application process.
If you are not already signed in, you will be prompted to do so.
State employees should sign in to the career portal for State of Illinois employees – a link is available at the top left of the Illinois.jobs2web.com homepage in the blue ribbon.
If you are seeking a Transfer, please remember to upload a State of Illinois Department of Central Management Services Illinois Federation of Public Employees (IFPE) - Transfer Request Form.
Non-State employees should log in on the using the “View Profile” link in the top right of the Illinois.jobs2web.com homepage in the blue ribbon. If you have never before signed in, you will be prompted to create an account.
If you have questions about how to apply, please see the following resources:
State employees: Log in to the career portal for State employees and review the Internal Candidate Application Job Aid
Non-State employees: on Illinois.jobs2web.com – click “Application Procedures” in the footer of every page of the website.
The main form of communication will be through email. Please check your “junk mail”, “spam”, or “other” folder for communication(s) regarding any submitted application(s). You may receive emails from the following addresses: