Patient A/R Specialist
Idaho Physical Medicine & RehabilitationFull time Full day
SUMMARY OF DUTIES: A Patient A/R Coordinator is responsible for maintaining the patient balance accounts receivable, monitoring the patient accounts for accuracy, timely payments, setting up payment plans, follow up collections calls and collections letters on delinquent accounts.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Reports to the Billing Manager.
- Responsible for working the patient A/R, and collections calls
- Responsible for sending out statements and collections letters for in-house accounts.
- Responsible for processing credit card payments and posting patient payments.
- Coordinate care with ASC and CLINIC staff and providers on patients with past due balances.
- Issue patient refunds.
- Pull patient payments from websites
- Updating patient addresses via statements
- Posting NSF/Returned checks for pt accounts
EXPERIENCE: Familiarity with medical billing practices is highly recommended. At least 3 years experience with collections and customer service is required. Understand clinic operations related to patient debt collections.
EDUCATION: A high school diploma/GED or higher.
- Skill in gathering, analyzing, and evaluating patient information.
- Skill in written and verbal communication.
- Skills in gathering, analyzing, and evaluating insurance information.
- EMR/PM experience, eClinicalworks preferred.
- Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Ability to clearly communicate and apply policies and principles to solve everyday problem s and deal with a variety of situations.
- Ability to plan, exercise initiative, problem-solving.
- Ability to identify problems and recommend solutions.
- Ability to establish priorities and coordinate work activities.
- Ability to ask patients for sensitive information, including payments.
ENVIRONMENTAL/WORKING CONDITIONS: Work is performed in a busy office environment and requires deskwork, travel to all IPMR practice sites, frequent standing, moving equipment and bending. Frequent contact with physicians, employees, patients and outside agencies. Public contact may involve dealing with angry or upset people.
This description is intended to provide only basic guidelines for meeting job requirements. Responsibilities, knowledge, skills, abilities and working conditions may change as needs evolve.
How to apply
To apply for this job you need to authorize on our website. If you don't have an account yet, please register.Post a resume