Social Worker (LMSW) - Medical Surgical Unit
Ascension HealthFull time Full day
We Are Hiring
What You Will Do
Apply specialized clinical knowledge and advanced clinical skills in the areas of assessment, diagnosis, and treatment of mental, emotional, behavioral and developmental disorders, conditions and addictions.
- Administer and interpret tests and measures of psychosocial functioning for the purpose of diagnosing mental, emotional, behavioral, addictive and developmental disorders and disabilities.
- Develop and implement appropriate assessment-based treatment plan.
- Consult with team managers, statutory and voluntary agencies and patient's relatives to ensure compliance with patient's treatment plan.
- Provide crisis-oriented psychotherapy as well as short-term and long-term psychotherapy and psychotherapeutic treatment.
- Complete documentation of patient therapy in a timely manner and in accordance with both Federal and State regulations.
What You Will Need
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
- One or more of the following is required:
- Master Social Worker credentialed from the Michigan Board of Social Work obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Master Social Worker specializing in Clinical Practice credentialed from the Michigan Board of Social Work obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Master's degree in Social Work required.
- 3 years of experience preferred.
Why Join Our Team
Ascension Michigan employs over 20,000 compassionate caregivers across 16 hospitals and hundreds of related healthcare facilities. Our care teams are dedicated to providing spiritually centered, holistic care which sustains and improves the health of the communities we serve. We provide generous paid time off for work-life balance, a collaborative work environment, professional development opportunities and more to help our associates flourish personally and professionally. If you are looking for a rewarding career in healthcare, we invite you to apply today.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all. In FY2020, Ascension provided $2.4 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs. Ascension includes more than 160,000 associates and 40,000 aligned providers across a national network of ministries. We offer rewarding careers across more than 2,600 sites of care – including 146 hospitals and more than 50 senior living facilities – in 19 states and the District of Columbia.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Ascension Providence Rochester is an equal opportunity employer (EEO) and affords equal opportunity to all associates and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the "EEO is the Law" poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.