Retail Allocations Manager- International
SkechersFull time Full day
Join the thousands of innovators, advocates and forces who are making an impact every day at one of the biggest footwear brands in the world. Whether you love to connect with consumers on the retail floor or want to drive our award-winning powerhouse in new directions, the SKECHERS team is the place to be. Learn more about our brand at skx.com.
The Allocations Manager is expected to help manage execution of the weekly open-to-buy for all International European company owned retail stores. They will assist in overseeing the shipping of product accordingly based on sales, new receipts and store capacity guidelines. In order to be effective, this position must aide the Director of International Merchandising & Allocations in communications with the merchandising; planning and allocations teams to ensure that all buys are accurately pre-allocated. The Allocations Manager must be aware of and adhere to set timelines. They must understand and employ strategies for managing new receipts to store, and for maintaining optimal product flow and inventory-to- stock to sales ratios.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities-
- Develop and maintain monthly and weekly open to ship targets by store, down to gender-brand level, category, based on store demands. Must be knowledgeable and aware of all peak season shifts, bank holidays, half terms and Late night events.
- Work in tandem with merchandising team to accurately pre-plan all buys one month after buys are complete and no later than 45 days before the buys are scheduled to ship.
- Review store pre-allocation at gender, brand and category level 45-days prior to shipping new store receipts; partner with Merchandisers and Director of International Merchandising to balance receipts to store sales and skus plans within +/-10%
- Develop and maintain solid understanding of store profiles in order to intelligently allocate merchandise to maximize sales, taking into account store volume, store capacity, regional and geographical factors, and other unique selling characteristics specific to stores and store clusters (e.g. SKU plans, gender inventory guidelines, model targets, etc.)
- Partner with planning and merchandising to prioritize weekly shipping plans based on sales, open to buy, merchandise priorities, and store profiles.
- Collaborate with cross-functional partners to ensure timely delivery of inventory.
- Set weekly and monthly direction priorities to effectively manage a team of allocators and analysts for assigned store channel type Communicate changes in directive to allocations team so orders can be adjusted appropriately.
- Streamline the allocations process by thoroughly managing by exception, clustering and data management.
- Analyze weekly reports by category to anticipate store needs and make recommendations based on stock-to-sales inventory ratios. This includes:
- Create Weekly sales and inventory reports that identify top stores and SKUs as well as underperforming stores and SKUs.
- Categories under +/- 20% to LY.
- Manage auto-replenishment to achieve optimal inventory, utilizing the “Model Grid Guide” to adjust models (+/-) 20%. Models that exceed a 20% increase or decrease must be approved by the Director of International Merchandising.
- Work within capacity guidelines, limiting store overages to no more than 10% of capacity. Variances greater than 5% must be adjusted and corrected within a 3-weeks period.
- Develop and Foster a relationship with RM’s & DM’s with store inventory needs and concerns. Must communicate findings with Director of International Merchandising.
- Work closely and liaise with the EDC team with any inventory shipping concerns that may arise.
Required Skills And Qualifications:
- 3-5 Years footwear distribution and allocations experience
- At least 2 years of experience in data analysis, with intermediate to advanced skills in critical thinking and problem-solving.
- Demonstrated ability to be a leader as well as work and collaborate in a team environment
- Advanced communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong aptitude with numbers and clear understanding of retail math skills
- Strong organizational skills with ability to manage multiple projects, prioritize, and meet deadlines.
- Excel in team-environments and in building and developing strong interpersonal relationships, while maintaining an individual determination to accomplish goals.
- 4-year college degree, or equivalent experience
• Assist and provide Allocations Team Guidance, while working alongside with the Director of International Merchandising, in order to produce high-quality, accurate and timely accomplishment of the allocations team objectives outlined above.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The skills, abilities and physical demands described are representative of those duties that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities, who are otherwise qualified for the job position, to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk; sit, reach with hands and arms, and stoop, kneel. The employee is occasionally required to sit for long period of times. The employee is regularly required to lift a 35 - 40lb dress form for garment evaluations.