Supply Chain Manager (Materials Manager)
KerryFull time Full day
Requisition ID 26469
Position Type (US)Full Time
Career Function Supply Chain
Posting Type LI
Kerry is a global leader in taste & nutrition. Our manufacturing facilities produce and supply the world with over 15,000 different food, beverage, and pharmaceutical products throughout the world. With a commitment toward sustainability and reputation for innovation, a career with Kerry offers you the chance to change the way the world sees food and nutrition. A career with Kerry is something you can feel good about.
A career with Kerry Taste & Nutrition offers you an opportunity to shape how people across the globe view food and beverage while providing you opportunities to explore and grow as your interests do. With our commitment to a sustainable future, a career with Kerry is something you can feel good about.
Where you'll work:
Our Calhoun, GA location is part of our Meat division and uses unique proprietary technology developed by Kerry to create breading and coating blends for our customers and products. We're excited to install two additional lines in 2020, contributing to the growth of our business and future!
What you'll do:
This role would be responsible for all day-to-day management and detailed supply chain activities related to an existing food manufacturing facility, including raw material planning and production planning. Utilizing the available ERP system, the right candidate would have exceptional planning and communication skills that is able to work in a highly demanding environment managing both detailed planning and continuous improvements initiatives. This would involve working with local and remote team members to ensure all customer service levels and planning KPIs are met.
- Responsible for the site supply chain planning strategy to support operational and business goals
- Provide leadership and direction to ensure all processes are consistent with company policies and expectations and develop team members to the fullest extent of their ability while maintaining positive engagement
- Prepare supply plans aligning with strategic decisions made via the Sales and Operational Planning process as well as execution of those strategic planning initiatives
- Establish planning control check points and processes to drive and uphold commitment & supply integrity of both raw material and finished products
- Ensure the right capabilities are in place to supply and deliver products as ordered, on time and in full.
- Owner of supply chain KPIs and accountable for its delivery performance. KPI would be centred around meeting the highest of service to customers whilst optimising inventory and eliminating slow moving stock exposures.
- Serve as a highly motivated leader and quick thinker that possess the ability to interact with a host of different personalities
- Ensuring a robust and end to end production and raw material planning process and 100% system compliance in the SAP system
- Lead the resolution of any stock out issues to avoid compromising production and/or customer delivery deadlines
- Organize the recruitment and training of staff and monitor staff performance and progress
- Motivate, organize and encourage teamwork within workforce to ensure productivity targets are met or exceeded
- Produce regular reports and statistics on a daily, weekly and monthly basis and effectively model and promote company values
What you'll need to be successful:
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Candidate would have a deep Supply Chain Planning background that has been exposed to a food manufacturing environment with the ability to think logically in a fast-paced environment is essential
- SAP ERP functionality and system knowledge is critical
- Ideally has a degree in Engineering, Finance, Supply Chain with a Business / Commercial discipline
- English- verbal and written communication competencies is essential
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills that exemplify the highest level of professionalism in both internal and external environments
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Demonstrate relentless drive and determination to achieve success
- Strong problem-solving skills; the ability to ask the right questions, help frame logical conclusions and arrive at effective solutions
- Possess exceptional planning and analytical skills and be able to take complex issues and break down actions for resolutions whilst working against tight deadlines
- Have a systematic work-style approach and the ability to manage numerous tasks at the one time
- Have a strong business understanding and insight as well as an open nature and collaborative mind-set that enable you to work with people from different backgrounds and levels
- Able to participate, influence and (on occasion) lead cross-functional site teams; Ability to work well with teams. Develop relationships inside and outside the organization to enhance personal and company effectiveness.
- This role would ideally suit an analytical, career driven individual who is able to manage a small team.
Kerry is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Kerry will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditional upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen. EEO is the Law poster can be found here. Additional information can also be here .