Reliability Engineer- Quality Assurance
Victaulic CoFull time Full day
Reliability Engineer- Quality Assurance
Position: Reliability Engineer
Location: Victaulic Corporate Headquarters - Easton, PA
Reports To: Global Quality Assurance Director/Manager
RELOCATION PACKAGE IS OFFERED FOR THIS OPENING
Victaulic is a global leader in mechanical pipe joining innovations and is the world's leading producer of mechanical pipe joining solutions. The company has 13 manufacturing facilities and 28 branches worldwide with 4,400 employees who speak 43 languages across the globe. With over 2000 global patents, Victaulic solutions are at work in more than 140 countries across diverse business lines including oil and gas, chemical, mining, power generation, water and wastewater treatment, military and marine, as well as commercial building and fire protection. Since the 1950's Victaulic has been providing ground-breaking fire protection products and system solutions for challenges faced by engineers, contractors, property managers and fire marshals. Victaulic is a leading fire protection manufacturer of innovative fire products and fire fighting systems including fire sprinklers, fire extinguishing and fire suppression systems, pipe couplings and fittings, and flow control valves. These products are used in commercial, infrastructure and industrial applications to protect people and property.
Responsible for leading product quality and reliability improvement initiatives. Position objectives are aimed to enhance product reliability throughout the entire product life cycle spanning the distribution channel from supplier(s), during product installation, and in-service performance. The primary function of this position includes, but is not limited to, collaboration with product teams to define new product reliability requirements, perform reliability assessments of proposed product concepts, develop test programs, and monitor in service performance.
RESPONSIBILITIES to include but not limited to:
- Collaborate with product development teams to define new product reliability requirements, perform reliability assessments of proposed product concepts, develop test programs, monitor in service performance.
- Drive a Design for Reliability (DfR) methodology for all our products in collaboration with new product development teams.
- Works with Product Engineering to ensure the reliability and maintainability of new and modified product and/or components.
- Effective utilization of predictive and other non-destructive testing methodologies designed to identify and isolate inherent reliability problems
- Provides input to a Risk Management Plan that will anticipate reliability-related, and non-reliability-related risks that could adversely impact product performance in service.
- Develops engineering solutions to repetitive failures and all other problems that adversely affect product performance. These problems include performance, quality, cost or regulatory compliance issues.
- To fulfill these responsibilities the Reliability Engineer applies data analysis techniques that can include:
Statistical Process Control, Reliability modeling and prediction,Fault Tree Analysis, Failure modes and effect analysis, design and process (DFMEA, PFMEA),Weibull Analysis,Six Sigma (6σ) Methodology, Root-cause and Root-Cause Failure Analysis (RCA, RCFA
- Reliability Engineer goes beyond the root cause analysis to ensure that known issues are proactively mitigated across all components, sub-systems and final products.
- Specific policies and procedures have been established by the Engineering Department to provide for the security and accessibility of electronic data and confidential information. It is the responsibility of the employee, in the daily course of doing business, to follow said policies as they relate to document management (see EOG-26). The extent to which departmental research and development information is stored electronically has vastly increased and will continue to do so. The new Federal rules pertaining to electronic discovery stipulate that substantive email communications constituted "records" under the Federal Records Act. It is therefore the responsibility of each departmental employee to understand their role in communicating via e-mails and that all e-mails must be written/responded to in a professional manner..
- Bachelor/Master in Engineering or related discipline required.
- Six sigma, Shanin or other quality and/or reliability methods training and experience.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in a Quality or Reliability Engineering role
- Strong understanding and practical use of Statistical Reliability Analysis and Design of Experiments (DOE) and Quality Over Time (Bath Tub Curve) approach.
- A strong knowledge of fundamental Quality Engineering principles and techniques; including statistical analysis and related software.
- Proficient in the use of Statistical Analytical Tools (i.e.: MiniTab, WinSmith Weibull, Design Expert, or comparable toolsets) and the meaning behind them in practice.
- Demonstrated success with application of structured problem solving and root cause analysis techniques.
- Proficient in the use of electronic systems and software (MS Office, etc.).
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
Victaulic offers a full benefits package which includes: comprehensive healthcare coverage, paid time off plans, paid holidays, 401K with company match, company paid short-term disability, company paid life insurance, company paid EAP program, tuition reimbursement and adoption assistance.
EEO Statement: Victaulic is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EOE/M/F/Vets/Disabled) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic data, or other legally protected status
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.