Driver/Sorter- FT (40 Hrs.)- Transportation
Columbus Metropolitan LibraryFull time Full day
PURPOSE OF JOB
Sorts library materials in an accurate and prompt manner; places into appropriate containers to ensure delivery to proper location. Operates, loads, and unloads library vehicles as driver. Performs all aspects of transportation services.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Sorts library materials into boxes according to destination. Fills station area with rows of stacks of blue boxes, by pushing, pulling or otherwise moving stacks from center of work area. Retrieves boxes to sort from, by lifting and carrying box to station.
- Clears boxes off the conveyor belt/line and stacks them in designated area according to destination/route.
- Breaks down the work station at the end of each work shift to send all remaining Library materials out for delivery.
- Sets up work station by replacing boxes on shelving units and placing location tags on boxes.
- Process Search/Ohio/Interlibrary Loan (ILL) materials. Un-package and sort incoming materials into boxes according to destination. Sort outgoing materials into bags according to destination.
- Determines owning location of library materials missing branch stickers/stamps.
- Loads and unloads truck. Delivers books and other library materials. Includes counting number of boxes delivered and boxes picked up for sorting. Ensures buildings are secure when exiting.
- Checks truck for all maintenance repairs (oil changes, gas mileage, etc.) and reports any and all damages to manger. Keeps truck clean and washed. Responsible for troubleshooting and making preventative maintenance recommendations regarding vehicles.
- Assists with special events and completes other duties as assigned.
- May perform courier services for the system as needed.
- Completes assigned on line training.
- Performs additional duties as assigned including serving on task forces, committees, or assist other departments as needed with their work load.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- High School diploma or G.E.D.
- Three (3) years’ driving experience.
- Ability to perform alphabetic and numeric sorting.
- Demonstrated skill in operating a large motor vehicle, 26 foot box truck (road test may be required).
- Ability to operate library technology including personal computer, email, software programs (i.e. Windows/Microsoft Office) and other job related equipment and systems.
- Ability to utilize reliable transportation to promptly report to job assignment and other locations, per job requirements. Valid driver license which meets the minimum requirements of CML’s vehicle insurance policy.
Must be able to work all shifts. Shifts are: Mon-Fri 8:30am to 4:30pm, Sun-Fri 4:30pm-1:00am, or Mon-Fri 2:00am-10:30am
Job Type: Full-time