Barry CallebautFull time Full day
About the role:
Barry Callebaut is a global organization poised for growth; a company which has embraced the vision to delight its customers, while out-performing its competitors, a business which is committed to sustainability, has innovation in its DNA, is a leader in complex manufacturing and supply chain solutions and is focused on being a best-in-class employer. Barry Callebaut seeks diverse and passionate people who thrive in a dynamic environment, focused on continuous learning, living BC’s Values and of course loving chocolate.
The Outbound Transportation Analyst will be responsible for the daily optimization and coordination of all routed shipments, to customers and to other Barry Callebaut locations, across the North American network.
Key responsibilities include:
- Regularly interpret information related to each shipment; gather additional information as needed.
- Determine optimal mode for each shipment in relation to cost minimization and service requirements.
- Negotiate (within parameters) spot prices with service providers; execute shipment tendering process.
- Monitor shipments in relation to required pickup & delivery dates/times.
- Communicate detailed cross-functional information; identify and resolve exceptions as they arise.
- Support transportation administrative functions and supplement team coverage as needed.
- Act as primary operational contact and TMS support person for specific Barry Callebaut location(s).
- Analyze weekly/monthly metrics resulting in proactive corrective actions to improve team KPI’s.
- Create and/or participate in continuous improvement projects related to Transport/Warehouse activities.
- Review day-to-day activities to identify new opportunities for cost reductions and service improvements.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Operations or Business related field.
- 2-5 years of experience in transportation and distribution and/or related field.
- Proven ability to multitask & prioritize in an extremely high volume/fast paced environment.
- Proven ability to process variable inputs and make judgments on incomplete & ambiguous information.
- Proven ability to overcome obstacles and deliver consistent results.
- Excellent Analytical Skills, Organizational Skills, Oral & Written Communication Skills, Interpersonal Skills.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite and Google (Gmail, Drive) tools.
- Flexibility to work extra hours including weekends as necessitated by business conditions.
- Ability to travel as required (estimated 0-5%). Valid Passport (or ability to obtain).
What you can expect from Barry Callebaut:
- Competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package
- 12 paid holidays, generous PTO, plus your birthday off
- Environment that welcomes workplace flexibility
- An atmosphere where diversity is embraced, and inclusivity is second nature. We call it #OneBC! Just ask our champions with the Americas Women’s Forum and the Racial Equality Forum!
- Ability to grow personally and professionally within an organization that values development and internal career growth
- Be part of our mission in making sustainability the norm through Forever Chocolate with priorities centered around prospering farmers, zero child labor, carbon and forest positive, and creating 100% sustainable ingredients in all of our products.