Customer Service Representative 1 - Bilingual
RecologyFull time Full day
GROW WITH US
As the largest 100% employee-owned company in the resource recovery industry, Recology has a unique workplace culture that guides how we support employees, interact with our customers, service our communities, and care for our environment.
We encourage Recology employees to G.R.O.W. with Us professionally and personally by:
- Giving back to our communities and our environment by volunteering time and resources
- Recovering resources to achieve their best and highest use
- Exhibiting Ownership in a company that does the right things for the right reasons, ensuring that our actions benefit the company, the communities we serve, and our environment
- Working together to develop camaraderie and facilitate collaboration. By demonstrating an inclusive attitude that values different backgrounds and ideas, we can get the job done.
You can G.R.O.W. with Us by becoming our Customer Service Representative 1 - Bilingual
Under close supervision, provides efficient and courteous customer service by telephone and/or personal contact for issues that are routine or straightforward in nature.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, AND ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Answers telephone or greets customers at counter.
- Provides information about collections, rates, billing, and account status promptly and correctly.
- Addresses customer questions and resolves complaints through a combination of telephone service, computer data entry, billing, balancing and reconciling customer payments.
- Maintains appropriate records, prepares requested reports and performs related word processing, data entry and/or clerical duties.
- Expedites communications and services between customers and co-workers verbally or through written communications to coordinate services, records, and account status.
- Participates in training related to customer service work processes, procedures, skills and safety to ensure optimum customer service.
- Handles special calls including escrow, bankruptcies, delinquent accounts by telephone contact and monitoring delinquent accounts to point of resolution, as appropriate.
Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to qualify is:
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Six months related experience and/or training.
- Bilingual English/Spanish.
IDEAL CANDIDATE – The qualifications listed are typical of the knowledge, skills, and abilities of successful employees within this classification.
- Computer programs, including Microsoft Office suite of applications.
Skill and / or Ability to:
- Promote the WASTE ZERO philosophy by making the best and highest use of all resources.
- Demonstrate ability to use computers and technology capabilities. Demonstrate proficiency and knowledge in area(s) of expertise.
- Communicate well both verbally and in writing; listen to and understand various viewpoints; share relevant information timely; provide constructive feedback; maintain professionalism.
- Effectively and productively engage with others and establish trust, credibility, and confidence.
- Promote collaboration and assist others with their initiatives and efforts.
- Consistently build knowledge and expertise about current job.
- Listen to and build customer relationships; increase customer satisfaction and ensure commitments are met.
- an ecologically innovative company that finds and mentors people committed to protecting the environment and sustaining our communities.
- the largest employee owned resource recovery company in the industry with terrific benefits to help you prosper.
- a creative and caring culture that values community, diversity, altruism, accountability, collaboration, and learning by doing.
- an inspired company mission driven to use and return resources to their best and highest use through the practice of the 4R’s: Reduce, Re-use, Recycle, and Recologize.
- distinct professional challenges to connect with, care for, and grow community that sees a world without waste.
RECOLOGY BENEFITS MAY INCLUDE:
- Paid time off and paid holidays.
- Health and wellness benefits including medical, dental, and vision.
- Retirement plans (Employee Stock Ownership Plan, 401(k) with match).
- Annual wellness incentives.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
- Educational assistance.
- Commuting benefits.
- Employee referral program.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job; and pursuant to applicable law, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records. It is important that you provide accurate information on the job application, inaccurate information may cause delays in the processing of your application and/or may disqualify you as a candidate.
Recology is an equal opportunity employer committed to supporting an inclusive and diverse work environment where employees are valued, heard, and provided development opportunities. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis that is prohibited by law.
This description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, effort, work conditions, and benefits associated with the job.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.