Caring Unlimited - York County's Domestic Violence Resource CenterFull time Full day
Caring Unlimited is York County’s Domestic Violence Resource Center. The DV-CPS Liaison works on-site at local child protection offices in Biddeford and Sanford to promote victim safety. The DV/CPS Liaison provides direct support services including crisis intervention, risk assessment, safety planning and advocacy to child protective clients who have experienced domestic violence upon referral by their CPS caseworker. This position also provides consultation and information to CPS staff about the dynamics of abusive relationships to inform their decision making.
The successful candidate will possess:
- Knowledge of and sensitivity to issues of domestic violence, sexual assault and stalking.
- Prior successful experience working in a victims’ advocacy organization strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated skills in crisis intervention, peer support, individual advocacy, support group facilitation, conflict resolution, systems change advocacy and public education.
- Demonstrated ability to create and sustain positive working relationships with staff, volunteers, individuals requesting services, colleague agencies and community members required.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively.
- Effective oral/written communication skills and computer skills.
Appropriate degree preferred, however, qualifications may be obtained through work experience, education, personal experience, or a combination of these.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $36,000.00 - $39,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Driver's License (Required)
- Multiple locations
- Temporarily due to COVID-19