Communications Lead, Google Assistant
Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience
- 12 years of experience in communications or public relations.
- Executive or internal communications experience supporting a leader.
PR, public affairs, communications or journalism experience
- Product communications experience.
- Ability to think, plan, and execute on multiple projects simultaneously in an organized fashion.
- Demonstrated ability to work calmly and maintain good acumen in fast-paced environments as well as ability to escalate appropriately.
- Demonstrated creativity in proactive and reactive communications approaches.
About the job
In this role, you will lead the Google Assistant communications team, overseeing all facets of PR and internal communications. In this role, you’ll work with business leaders to create a communications strategy that supports the vision and direction of the product. You will work with the team to communicate with journalists and other thought leaders; devise specific communications materials and campaigns based on understanding of journalists' interests. You’ll develop internal communications material with the team, including talking points for leaders and internal presentations, and guide strategy on executive communications. You will also explain complex issues in simple and clear ways.
It's our job to help inform and educate users, advertisers, partners, opinion leaders-and our own employees-about the benefits of Google's products, our distinctive company culture/values, and our approach to the big public policy issues of the day. To succeed here, you'll combine creativity with organizational skills to manage multiple projects with tight deadlines simultaneously, as well as enjoy pitching to journalists, bloggers and commentators, or producing internal communications and events for our employees. Things happen quickly at Google and to get stuff done here you need to be an enthusiastic team player who can work cross-functionally and isn't hesitant to take risks or try new things.
- Lead internal communications and PR strategy for Google Assistant, managing a team of communications experts.
- Build campaigns, pitch stories and features, develop proactive and reactive messaging that helps tell Google's story around products, people, and partnerships.
- Lead rapid response efforts to address issues and manage press inquiries.
- Develop and maintain close, productive relationships with teams across Google, journalists, and key influencers in tech, business and mainstream press.
- Develop internal communications materials to keep the business informed, writing communications for executives
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.