Senior Data Engineer - Business Intelligence
GetYourGuideFull time Full day
We are looking for a Senior Data Engineer, Business Intelligence to help make the vast amount of data we produce organized and valuable so everyone in the company can make great decisions through insights. You will work closely with key stakeholders in the organization, lead complex projects, architect analytics and reporting solutions, write high volume data pipelines, work on advanced data warehousing solutions, leverage BI tools, assure high data integrity and more.
With 600+ employees from 72 nationalities, GetYourGuide is on a mission to turn trips into amazing experiences, using our product and technology to change the way travelers find and book things to do and explore their destination. We connect these travelers to our vast catalog of amazing experiences through our online marketplace.
The Business Intelligence team plays a central role in our data-driven strategy. Our team mission is to provide an incredible data experience so the business is empowered to make data driven decisions. We form part of the Data Platform team and are responsible for designing and developing reporting solutions, processes and analytics capabilities. We work closely with key stakeholders in the organization, shape the way we work with data and have a great impact on the decision making process. We are also responsible for making the vast amount of data accessible, reliable and efficient to query, so our teams can make the best data-driven decisions. We work with Spark, Databricks, Snowflake, Looker and AWS among many others!
- Ownership of business domains, reporting & analytics processes for our Business, Product & Marketing departments
- Lead initiatives on ensuring data quality, accuracy and reliability
- Increase self-serve capabilities and business users knowledge and efficient in the organization
- Design and architect solution to improve self serve capabilities in the Analytics, Data Science and Product teams
- Develop new data pipelines and work with business stakeholders, data engineers and product managers to add new data sources or new views in our data
- Optimize and improve existing data pipelines to support our growth, initiatives around performance and scalability
- Implement and maintain data models using business intelligence tools in order to allow our business users access the data directly and drive decisions
- Design and implement metrics, dashboards and reports
- Serve as a liaison between the business teams and the data engineering team
- Mentor junior BI Engineers and Data Analysts
- 5+ years of relevant experience in a business intelligence role, including business intelligence tools, techniques and technologies
- Strong stakeholder management and communication skills
- Strong and proved experience with architecting data and reporting solutions, including developing cross platforms ETL processes, systems for tracking data quality and consistency and using databases in a business environment with large-scale, complex data sets
- Advanced knowledge in data modelling and expertise with SQL & OLAP
- Advanced knowledge of data warehousing concepts and schema optimization based on usage patterns
- Deep understanding in data visualization concepts using business intelligence reporting tools (Looker or similar)
- Experience in multiple Data Warehousing solutions (Snowflake, PostgresQL, MySQL)
Nice to have:
- Experience with big data technologies (e.g. Spark, Kafka)
- Experience with data manipulation tools and libraries (e.g. Python, Pandas, R)
- Prior experience in start-up environment
- Work on a product that helps create memorable travel experiences
- Smart, engaged co-workers
- Speak English in the office with people from over 70 nationalities
- Virtual stock options - be part of our success story
- Quarterly Hackathons and weekly tech talks
- GetYourGuide vouchers
- Relocation Assistance (if applicable)
Do you have the skills for the job, enthusiasm about our vision and fit our culture? We are already looking forward to hearing from you! If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact us via [email protected]
It is our commitment that every qualified person will be evaluated according to skills regardless of age, gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability status, or religion. Please refrain from including your picture and age with the application.
In the meantime, you can check our blog to see what happens behind the scenes at GetYourGuide and check out our Tech Radar for an insight into the stack we use to turn our customers' dreams into reality!
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.