ITWFull time Full day
The Industrial Equipment Product Manager will manage the Confab product solution platforms created for field and shop playing a key role in driving top-line growth as well as bottom-line operating income using ITW toolbox initiatives. The successful individual will be part of a ConFab team that includes both weld process and product development resources, as well as market segment managers who will provide deep customer understanding.
The product solution portfolio includes structural and construction welding equipment and wire feeders featuring ArcReach technology. This individual will be responsible for the growth and market performance of these product platforms. These efforts will deliver solutions that enable the division and external sales teams (CAMs/PITs/DMs) to grow market share through targeted selling and core market expansion.
- Drive appropriate visionary and strategic category initiatives in accordance with established long range and annual plans.
- Collaborate with Corporate Account Managers to aggressively capture market share focusing on how-to-sell solutions.
- Define and communicate Power Messaging™ value propositions that clearly address the “Why change, Why now, Why ITW, Why stay, and Why evolve” messaging frameworks.
- Represent business at customer visits, industry events and tradeshows
- Collaboratively develop and execute strategic product roadmap driving profitable growth through sustainable competitive advantage that aligns with long-range plans for the Confab portfolio.
- Responsible for successful launch and commercialization of new products using creative tactics to communicate and promote solutions to end user market and channel partners, including Rental.
- Collaborate with Market Segment Manager and NPD Project Manager to ensure opportunities are appropriate to drive above average market share growth:
- Collaborate with market segment managers to generate, analyze, and interpret segment data (VOC) that leads to product line rationalization from sources including industry trends, customer interviews, market research activities and competitive pressures
- Collaborate with sales, engineering, operations, service and appropriate division personnel to execute new product development activities
- Improve category profitability and position the division for continued success:
- Direct P&L responsibility; analyze, manage and report on product/category pricing, sales performance, PLS evaluations
- Implement winning go-to-market strategy to achieve competitive dominance
Key Measurements Include:
- NPD Revenue
- Category P&L Performance
- Market Share Expansion
- Margin Enhancement
- Product Launch Timeline Excellence
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 5 to 7 years of relevant experience in product-based business-to-business environment
- Must possess technical aptitude to understand product capabilities and consumer needs
- Mechanically inclined and understanding of welding process preferred
- Strong business acumen
- Proven ability to analyze current business issues, end-user needs
- Must be a team player with positive attitude, high motivation, and solid decision-making abilities
- Demonstrated success leading high level projects & cross-functional teams from start to completion
- Well organized, aggressive self-starter with the willingness to learn and grow
- Ability to establish plans independently with limited direction or supervision
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to build relationships among employees, distributors, and key end-users
- Demonstrated ability to present and facilitate in front of groups
- Ability to succeed in a fast moving environment that values an entrepreneurial spirit
- Up to 25% travel required
ITW Welding is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
If you are a qualified individual with a Disability and need assistance applying for this job, please send an email to the following address: [email protected]
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.