Operations Support Analyst
First StudentFull time Full day
First Student is a leader in transportation of children K-12. As the largest provider of student transportation in North America, First Student is more than twice the size of the next largest competitor. Industry-leading safety programs, strong customer relationships and service record are the key differentiators.
At First Student, the purpose of the Operations Support Analyst is to ensure First Student is the industry leader in leveraging technology to create operational efficiencies while providing best in class customer offerings. The Analyst Operations Support performs day-to-day efforts toward wage and hour compliance at all First Student Locations.
Operations Support Analyst Responsibilities:
- Enforce locations’ adherence to operational standards while delivering planned direct labor efficiencies
- Perform reviews and trainings for adherence to all applicable Wage and Hour regulations while utilizing FOCUS and related systems, ensuring locations apply the rules, regulations, and proper system utilization
- Prepare, analyze, present and maintain location Category data for performance reporting purposes
- Assess field and customer needs ongoing, ensuring we provide all tools needed for customer satisfaction, accurate payroll processing, and ad hoc analyses
- Follow procedure and appropriate conduct when auditing and interacting with the field to ensure delivery evokes compliance and success
- Work closely with Director Operations Support as a main resource and SME in current location and area performance
- Be prepared and available to assist in other First Student projects as needed, recent initiatives that have been supported include PC refresh, the Active Directory Project and the Employee Portal.
- Engage other Operations Support team to provide locations with excellent service in data importing, training, and supporting customer facing tools
Operations Support Analyst Experience and Skills Required:
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) preferred
- 2-4 years related experience
- Project management skill sets preferred.
- Ability to partner with operations with strong focus on client service.
- Very strong analytical skill set required with proven ability to break complex problems into simple components for effective communication.
- Experience in leadership role demonstrating ability to influence, coach and inspire individuals to achieve company, departmental and individual performance goals.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively and enthusiastically lead change
- Sound business judgment as evidenced by the ability to set priorities and plans, escalate issues appropriately and drive for results
- Willingness to travel (position could require 25% travel)
First Student’s commitment to putting our customers first, dedication to safety, and an ambition to deliver dependable transportation makes for a working environment you’ll love. As a huge company with 120,000 staff and over 2.5 billion customers worldwide, you’ll also enjoy security, a brilliant future, and excellent training.
Apply today to join our team!
FirstGroup is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. FirstGroup is also committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles California, FirstGroup will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.