Advanced Apprentice Lineworker - Superior Water Light & Power
ALLETEFull time Full day
- Installs, removes and maintains electrical lines, equipment and fiber optic cable by efficient and safe operation of various pieces of heavy equipment and specialized tools
- Coordinates line work activities with various departments, contractors and the general public
- Restores electrical service by trouble shooting electrical lines and equipment
- Minimizes outage duration by effectively diagnosing problems and planning/implementing restoration activities
- During the normal work day, occasionally works without direct supervision
- May be the first to respond to trouble calls or outages, requiring development of appropriate response and safe guarding of the public
- Required to work effectively and courteously with and around the public at all times regardless of conditions
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills required to develop and maintain positive working relationships
- High school graduate or equivalent PLUS must have completed vocational line training program
- Internal candidates must complete prerequisite requirements
- Two years or more job related work experience as a lineworker
- Must currently possess and be able to maintain an appropriate commercial driver's license.
- This position is subject to the residency requirement of 40 minutes driving time of the reporting site
- This position may be subject to assessment of skills, job match and/or aptitude.
Employer will not sponsor Visas for position.
External applicants must apply online via www.allete.com/careers.
ALLETE is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, age, marital status, membership or activity in a local human rights commission, status with regard to public assistance or any other protected class.
If you are an individual with disabilities who needs accommodation or you are having difficulty using our website to apply for employment, please contact our Human Resources department at 218-723-7553.
Superior Water, Light & Power Company, an ALLETE Affiliate, will not discriminate against apprenticeship applicants or apprentices on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), sexual orientation, genetic information, marital status, arrest or conviction record, membership in the armed forces, or because they are an individual with a disability or a person 40 years old or older.
Superior Water, Light & Power Company, an ALLETE Affiliate, will take affirmative action to provide equal opportunity in apprenticeship and operate the apprenticeship program as required under 29 CFR part 30 and the equal employment opportunity rules of the state of Wisconsin.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.