Systems and Data Analyst
FirstEnergy CorpFull time Full day
FirstEnergy at a Glance
We are a forward-thinking electric utility powered by a diverse team of employees committed to making customers’ lives brighter, the environment better and our communities stronger.
FirstEnergy (NYSE: FE) is dedicated to integrity, safety, reliability and operational excellence. Headquartered in Akron, Ohio, FirstEnergy includes one of the nation's largest investor-owned electric systems, more than 24,000 miles of transmission lines that connect the Midwest and Mid-Atlantic regions, and a regulated generating fleet with a total capacity of more than 3,500 megawatts.
About the Opportunity
This is an open position with the FirstEnergy Service Company, a subsidiary of FirstEnergy Corp. [SC00]
The Systems and Data Analyst position can be sited at any location within the FirstEnergy service territory.
- Managing all critical procurement databases (e.g., vendor/contact database), software, and reporting systems
- Resolving and troubleshooting issues with various systems
- Creating test scenarios and scripts (e.g., for new features or new configurations) for any changes that may impact systems and processes
- Analyzing documents and maintaining processes and procedures related to administration of the system (e.g., backup/restores, data archive)
- Working closely with users to recommend and implement improvements
- Supporting data organization and retrieval
- Administering security roles and permissions
- Bachelor’s degree in data analytics, data management, data modeling, dashboard development, statistics, quantitative/qualitative methods, or a related discipline is required and 4 - 7 years’ related work experience.
- In lieu of a degree, 7 - 10 years of related experience required. Related work experience includes data management, data science, or data analytics experience.
Preferred Qualifications include:
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Experience in data mining, analysis and/or reporting
- High level of understanding of supply chain concepts and processes
- Detail oriented
- Able to work with individuals at all organizational levels
- Experience with ERP applications such as Oracle and/or SAP
Benefits, Compensation & Workforce Diversity
At FirstEnergy, employees are key to our success. We depend on their talents to meet the challenges of our changing business environment. We are committed to rewarding individual and team efforts through our total rewards philosophy which includes competitive pay plus incentive compensation, a company-sponsored pension plan, 401(k) savings plan with matching employer contribution, a choice of medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, and life insurance programs, as well as skills development training with tuition reimbursement. Please visit our website at www.firstenergycorp.com to learn more about all of our employee rewards programs. FirstEnergy proudly supports workforce diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability. No recruiters or agencies without a previously signed contract. Unable to sponsor or transfer H-1B visas at this time.
Safety is a core value for FirstEnergy and is essential to all of our business activities. We ensure employees have the tools, information, and processes to perform their duties in a manner that assures safety for themselves, their co-workers, our customers and the public. Our goals are to provide a safe work environment, to maintain an accident-free, injury-free workplace, and to promote and maintain public safety. To meet these goals, we dedicate ourselves to achieving world-class safety standards.
FirstEnergy Human Resources Team
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.