YMCAFull time Full day
This position, under the direction of the Chief Finance Officer, will provide support to the organization’s finance and business operations, ensuring the accuracy and integrity of the accounting and reporting systems as well as the maintenance of internal controls; day to day accounting procedures, month-end close and ad hoc projects and reporting as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or equivalent preferred
- Minimum of two or more years experience in accounting. A/P, A/R, statement preparation.
- Personal computer skills and knowledge of computer technology including computerized accounting systems.
- Utilizes an automated accounting system and spreadsheets to accomplish the proper recording, measuring, and reporting of transactions.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs (Excel, Word, & Outlook).
- Requires excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to interface and communicate effectively with all levels of organization and customers.
- Ability to prioritize in an environment that has substantial fluctuations in volume. Detail-oriented and excellent organizational skills: accuracy is essential.
- Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
- Knowledge and understanding of accounting processes and accrual accounting.
- Knowledge and understanding of general business matters.
- Experience with voluntary/non-profit organizations preferred.
1. Maintains daily processing and posting of cash receipts, including cash, checks & credit card charges.
2. Deposit Cash and Checks to the daily. (Shared Responsibility with other Accounting Department Staff).
3. Reconciles individual staff activity to the daily sales reports and resolves variances and post to accounting system.
4. Reconciles credit card activity to the daily sales report and to the credit card processing agencies and resolves variances.
5. Prepares journal entries of the daily sales activities and posts to General Ledger (SGA). Responsible for consistent use of and appropriate postings to General Ledger accounts.
6. Maintains daily processing and posting of other accounting transactions as needed.
7. Provides guidance and training to users of operational software to ensure timely and accurate transactional and accounting data.
8. Prepares and sends invoices for contract-based receivables
9. Analyzes, reconciles and reviews all Balance Sheet accounts.
10. Maintain fixed assets database.
11. Download and save all bank statements to the Finance Drive
12. Maintains a system of managing vouchers and gift certificates for donations.
13. Runs all monthly and year-end closing procedures for member management system.
14. Run in Deferred Revenue Reports at month-end and year-end and create and post entries as appropriate.
15. Assists with the calculation of Accounts Receivable at month-end and year-end.
16. Assists with month-end and year-end close.
17. Assists in the preparation of analysis and schedules for the annual audit.
18. Runs bi-monthly Bank Draft/Credit Card Draft and process returns.
19. Runs bi-monthly credit card updater.
20. Submits Positive Pay as needed and responds to related issues from bank
21. Reconciles and submits payroll entries into Y retirement system.
22. Reconcile the 941s quarterly.
23. Provides backup support for Payroll, Accounts Payable and NCP bookkeeping.
24. Assists when needed to monitor and track employee certifications and trainings.
25. Other administrative or accounting duties as directed.