Charter Next GenerationFull time Full day
Charter Next Generation is North America’s leading independent producer of high-performance specialty films used in flexible packaging and other critical performance applications. With both blown and cast film capabilities, our products are ideal for food, consumer, medical and protective applications.
Our plant in Superior, WI is now hiring a Shipper. We are experiencing substantial growth and are looking for energetic, positive, motivated people to join our skilled Team! We provide a stable, safe, drug-free work environment, where safety is our top priority.
Seeking candidates who have a good attitude, are dependable, have a passion for learning, excel at multi-tasking, and enjoy working in a fast paced environment!
This position will perform daily activities associated with shipping and receiving products, supplies, inventory, and other materials moving in, out, and through the plant along with contributing to achieve plant goals and objectives by following procedures, work instructions and ensuring accurate documentation. This position reports directly to the Shipping Lead.
- Pull orders and ensure correct product is shipped to customers.
- Receive freight and ensure it is documented accurately.
- Maintain the warehouse, rotate stock, and organize pallets and scrap efficiently using available space.
- Assist in month-end inventory.
- Ensure accurate receipt of parcel deliveries and forward those to appropriate parties.
- Load and unload trucks and scrap trailers.
- Perform daily housekeeping duties, including sweeping warehouse and loading area.
- Assist with packaging and purchasing functions as needed.
Minimum Education, Experience, and Competencies:
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Previous manufacturing experience preferred.
- Ability to operate a forklift.
- Reading and writing ability to complete necessary work.
- Computer skills for entering data into information systems and printing necessary labels.
- Strong, positive communication skills both internally and externally.
- Be able to perform necessary math for estimating truck capacity.
- Read and measure with a tape ruler.
- Able to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Able to lift 75 pounds.
- Grasping, pushing, pulling and fine manipulating using both hands.
- Bending, squatting and reaching above shoulder level.
- Ability to work around moving machinery.
- Work is performed in a manufacturing setting with daily exposure to temperature variations and heavy equipment.
- Tuesday – Friday, 9:00am – 5:00pm
- Saturday, 7am-3pm
This position has potential for career advancement, and we offer competitive wages along with an exceptional benefit package eligible to employees on day 1! Our comprehensive benefits include:
- Competitive Wages – with performance-based wage increases
- PTO and Holiday Pay
- Quarterly Gain Share Bonus up to 15% of your quarterly earnings
- Perfect Attendance Bonus
- 401k w/ Company match; including Profit-Sharing
- Continuous On-Site Training
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability Insurances
- Flexible Spending Accounts – Medical and Dependent Care
- Paid: Uniforms, Steel Toe Shoes/Boots, Prescription Safety Glasses
- Health Club Reimbursement
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Posted: September 23, 2021
- Posted: September 23, 2021
Superior, WI 54880, USA