Asante Health SystemFull time Full day
Department: Accounting And Finance (4000-81701)
Schedule: Full Time
Shift/Schedule: Primarily Mon - Fri / 8AM - 5PM
Union Position: No
FTE/Hours: 1.0, or 40 hours/week
Salary: Typical starting range is $24.32 to $33.44 (based on years of relevant experience).
Asante is more than a great hospital system in an amazing location. We are a community of passionate providers and service-focused caregivers who collaborate to deliver amazing patient outcomes; a place where titles don't matter as much as your creativity, drive, and passion. Our culture, values and people create an environment of sustained medical excellence. All three Asante hospitals have earned five stars from CMS for overall quality -- the top rating given. In fact, Asante accounts for three of the five Oregon hospitals to achieve this rare honor.
The Staff Accountant with Asante maintains the hospital General Ledger system and reconciles with ancillary systems and account balances. Also performs key duties (Super User) in maintaining functionality of the General Ledger software system; and provides financial information to internal and external users of financial information.
- Associates degree in accounting or the equivalent in education and/or experience is required
- Minimum 2 years of experience in full charge bookkeeping is required
- Preferred experience includes: Experience in a health care environment; query or programming experience; MS software experience; experience with complex bank reconciliations
- Ability to solve complex problems in working with healthcare managers, employees and outside agencies
- Abilities to prioritizing multiple tasks to reach maximum efficiency.Excellent interpersonal skills to represent departments to the public and internal customers
- Flexibility in arranging work schedule to meet the demands of the Accounting department
What We Offer
- Competitive starting wage
- Comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, and wellness
- Excellent retirement package with up to 6% employer contribution
- Generous Earned Time Off
- Tuition reimbursement after one year of service
About Asante and Southern Oregon
Asante is a local, community owned and governed, not-for-profit organization that provides comprehensive health care services to more than 550,000 people in a nine-county area of Southern Oregon and Northern California. It includes Asante Ashland Community Hospital in Ashland, Asante Rogue Regional Medical Center in Medford, Asante Three Rivers Medical Center in Grants Pass, Asante Physician Partners throughout the Rogue Valley, and additional health care partnerships. Virtually all medical specialties and services are represented within an organization dedicated to providing exceptional care. With over 5,000 employees, Asante's entities offer outstanding opportunities for career advancement and professional growth. At Asante your work positively impacts your family, friends, neighbors and the community. Experience the difference in how you work, how you live and how you connect.
At Asante we are defined by our values traits that guide us as we serve patients and the community:
Excellence Respect Honesty Service Teamwork
Asante is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to employ and advance in employment women, minorities, qualified individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.