Engineer III - Prepared Business Solutions & Process Design
Tyson FoodsFull time Full day
Successful applicants for this position must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Vaccine verification will be required by October 1, 2021 for Corporate based team members and by November 1, 2021 for Plant and Warehousing based team members.
Los solicitantes seleccionados para este puesto deben estar completamente vacunados contra el COVID-19 como condición de empleo. La verificación de la vacuna se requerirá para el 1 de octubre de 2021 para los compañeros de equipo con base en la sede (corporativa) de la empresa y para el 1 de noviembre de 2021 para los compañeros de equipo en las plantas y almacenes.
The Engineer III is expected to provide leadership and management of mid-size to large projects which can range from $5MM to $50MM or more. This role will be a key leader from project inception through funding and execution and will collaborate through all project phases with cross-functional teams at the facility and/or the corporate office such as safety, operations, finance, food safety and quality assurance including technical services, maintenance, engineering, and environmental services. This is especially important to determine project scope and process details while organizing the appropriate resources and managing the design effort. This role will lead or support the bidding process to select contractors and equipment vendors which will provide the best value and quality with the demonstrated ability to deliver on schedule and on budget. The Engineer III will generate and select specifications, coordinate procurement activities, and make fact-based decisions during execution to achieve the project deliverables regarding production throughput, product quality/specification adherence, functionality, budget control and schedule. A high degree of creativity, strategic thinking and problem solving with a mindset of continuous learning and improvement is expected.
Additional duties and responsibilities include:
- Familiarity with OSHA regulations as well as Tyson safety policies to ensure they are followed.
- Provide engineering design and parameters for new projects and utility systems
- Manage and coordinate project design work including development and design for processing equipment layouts, piping diagrams, electrical, mechanical, refrigeration and other utility systems
- Consult with financial personnel for spending analysis and project cost tracking/reporting
- Interact, coordinate, and lead project activities with all levels of Operations and Engineering management
- Education: Bachelor of Science in Engineering or degree in related technical field. Registration (by examination) as a Professional Engineer preferred.
- Experience: Cumulative work experience at a minimum of at least three to five years in engineering, food processing, construction, or other technical fields.
- Computer Skills: Knowledge and use of computer programs such as Microsoft Office, spreadsheets, databases, scheduling and project management software. CAD training/experience with two and three-dimension drafting software preferred.
- Communication Skills: Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Special Requirements: Capable of working on multi-faceted projects of any magnitude in a leadership role; demonstrated ability to manage complex projects on time and on budget while achieving company objectives; knowledge and expertise with a variety of mechanical, electrical, civil, structural, and process engineering discipline concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Travel: Frequent travel is involved, up to 50% - 60%.
Relocation Assistance Eligible:
1ST SHIFT (United States of America)
Hourly Applicants ONLY -You must complete the task after submitting your application to provide additional information to be considered for employment.
Tyson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, national origin, color, religion, age, genetics, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
CCPA Notice. If you are a California resident, and would like to learn more about what categories of personal information we collect when you apply for this job, and how we may use that information, please read our CCPA Job Applicant Notice at Collection, click here.