Library Systems & Services LlcPart time Full day
LOCATION: Homestead Cybrarium, 80 W Mowry Dr, Homestead, FL 33030
HOURS PER WEEK: 20
Library Systems & Services (LS&S) is seeking a part time Marketing Coordinator for the Homestead Cybrarium in Homestead, Florida. The Cybrarium, a one-of-a -kind library that breaks the mold of traditional learning, offers an exciting blend of cutting-edge technology and service delivery. Located in newly redeveloped downtown Homestead, a bustling destination for entertainment, dining and retail, the Cybrarium presents a modern approach to education and enrichment. Learn more by visiting https://cybrarium.org.
The Library Marketing Coordinator is responsible for the development and oversight of the library’s marketing and public communications strategies and activities. Manage and coordinate all marketing, advertising, and promotional activities. Leverage social media and website to drive the library’s mission, vision, and core values. Analyze customer research and current market conditions, along with developing and implementing marketing plans for the public library in support of the strategic plan. Ability to manage the productivity of the marketing plans and projects along with monitoring, reviewing, reporting on, and contributing to, all marketing activity and results. Deliver marketing activity within the agreed budget.
An individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily.
- Work with the Library Director to develop and manage marketing and communication strategies that serve the mission and programs of the Cybrarium
- Communicate with internal teams to ensure publicized messaging is aligned with established objectives and goals, ensure team needs are met, and make appropriate recommendations
- Work with Library Director and IT to oversee the website and promote the Cybrarium online: ensure content is accurate and updated, oversee the development of visuals, and work with staff to make sure patrons have a smooth web experience
- Develop and oversee online communities and social networks; respond to patron complaints or concerns as directed by the Library Director
- Prepare videos, graphics, and typographic elements to effectively communicate information about library events and updates; including print and electronic materials for the Cybrarium, such as brochures, newsletters, flyers, email campaigns, signs, and commercials
- Serve as organization’s primary media contact; duties include: write/distribute press releases, distribute artist publicity materials, pitch stories, cultivate media relationships, assist the Library Director (the primary spokesperson) in interactions with the media, serve as secondary press spokesperson as appropriate, and keep media lists current
- Lead marketing outreach activities which may include writing articles or newsletters, email campaigns, giving presentations to organizations, and preparing publicity materials highlighting Cybrarium events
- Acts as the primary liaison with LS&S marketing team
- Determine quantity and distribution of all promotional materials, optimizing their effectiveness
- Ensure promotional materials from performers and/or presenters are distributed as appropriate, and that all publicity requirements (from the performers or presenters) are met
- Lead the creation and maintenance of program and event calendars
- Search for and ensure licensing of appropriate stock images for specific graphic needs
- Ensure archival files are maintained, including press clippings, print samples, photos, slides, print, videotapes, etc.
- May represent the Cybrarium at various City-sponsored and local organization meetings
- May assist Library Director in writing and applying for grants and other sources of funding for programs.
- May coordinate volunteers/interns and assign duties, providing necessary training
- Other duties appropriate to the position
An individual should possess the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed and meet the amount of education, training, and/or work experience required.
- Bachelor's degree highly desired along with progressively responsible experience in marketing and communications
- Familiarity with public libraries is strongly preferred
- Possess a sophisticated understanding of the tools of marketing, social media, along with excellent communication, facilitation, and planning skills
- Ability to evaluate marketing data and trends, and prepare recommendations based upon information collected
- Experience with graphic and video editing software, including Canva, Publisher, Camtasia, strongly preferred
- Experience with computer systems and software including word processing, spreadsheet, website, and graphic design; basic knowledge of HTML and CSS is a plus
- A high degree of proficiency in MS Office suite including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint is desired
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) is a plus
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to work a regular schedule that may include a combination of days, evenings, and weekends
- Ability to sit for long periods of time and to maintain focus on projects such as computer screens or detailed paperwork.
- Occasionally lift, push/pull, hold/carry of items weighing up to twenty-five (25) pounds such as files, books, and other materials.
LS&S is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics, or any other category protected under applicable law.
20 Hours Per Week
Job Type: Part-time
Work Location: Multiple Locations