Manufacturing Maintenance Technician (1st Shift)
ITWFull time Full day
Who we are:
ITW Evercoat is the global leader in the manufacture of professional auto body repair fillers and putties, adhesives, professional car care, recreational marine patch and repair products. Evercoat is a division of Illinois Tool Works Inc within the ITW Performance Polymers and Fluids segment. We are known for our unique 80/20 business model and core values of Integrity, Respect, Trust, Shared Risk and Simplicity. Illinois Tool Works (ITW) is a Fortune 200 Company headquartered in Glenview, IL.
What we have to offer:
Hourly rates starting $27
Weekly Attendance Bonus!
Start out with 3 weeks of vacation
11 paid holidays yearly
Employee bonus program
401k with multiple employer contributions
Generous health benefits
What we are looking for:
Industrial maintenance experience
Can work 6:00am-2:30pm Monday through Friday.
Education and Experience:
- Four (4) years experience in an industrial environment or equivalent combination of education or training beyond high school level in a technical field preferred.
- Four (4) years pipe fitting and layout work experience; reading and trouble-shooting from electrical diagrams and schematics; and experience in electric, mig, and tig welding, along with cutting and brazing preferred.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Knowledge of basic computer and smart phone technology; work order systems desired
- Demonstrated leadership skills, including strong interpersonal and motivational skills.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to read, write and understand English.
- Must provide own basic tools; refer to Basic Tool Policy below.
The inability to perform any of the following physical requirements does not preclude an applicant from consideration unless, following an individualized analysis, it is determined that the physical requirement is an essential job function and the applicant is unable to perform such function with or without reasonable accommodation. Please refer to the Essential Duties and Responsibilities.
- Good physical condition which requires: prolonged standing; frequent repetitive lifting up to 55 lbs.; frequent lifting and bending motions, and carrying up to 55 lbs.; frequent repetitive motions such as bending, twisting, lifting, walking, reaching, stooping, frequent use of stairs; must be able to climb ladders and use lift trucks. Able to work at heights up to 50 feet.
- Must pass pre-employment drug/alcohol test; Must pass respirator fit test and able to wear respirator. Must pass tow motor training and acquire certification for tow motor operation; and must pass HazMat training.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.