On The Job Trainer-2nd Shift
Michael Foods Inc.Full time Full day
Michael Foods, Inc. is a leader in the food processing and distribution industry with business in egg products, refrigerated grocery and potato products. We offer exciting job possibilities throughout our organization where you can enhance your career, sharpen your talents and make an impact. Join our company and be part of an innovative team that's First in Food
Michael Foods, Inc. is a leader in the food processing and distribution industry with business in egg products, refrigerated grocery and potato products. We offer exciting job possibilities throughout our organization where you can enhance your career sharpen your talents and make an impact. Join our company and be part of an innovative team that’s First in Food.
We have the honor and responsibility of working in food – a critical infrastructure industry during this time of global crisis. We are working around the clock to keep inventory flowing to our retailers and to help feed the world. We are hiring at many of our manufacturing facilities…this is a great opportunity for those who are now available due to hours being cut at their regular job or being sent home from college temporarily.
Take a look at how Michael Foods is giving back to the community during this difficult time!
On the Job Trainers will provide On-The-Job Training to new, entry-level, or transferred employees in the operation of plant and/or department equipment and Work Instructions and to assist in the developing and delivery of other training, i.e. orientation, quality assurance, safety, problem solving and continuous improvement training.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Primary responsibility will be to oversee and implement the Employee Training Qualification Program for Operations employees. This includes training and validation of trainees with respect to their performance against established training objectives and recommendation of additional skill requirements as needed.
- Develop OJT training programs and participate on teams developing training plans and OJT programs.
- Assist in developing Work Instructions, checklists, and visual aids.
- Conduct new employee orientation, OJT/classroom training and certification. Follow up on a regular, planned schedule to answer questions and verify proficiency.
- Conduct cross training and annual re-qualification as required by the Training Qualification Program. Support employees who have questions or need additional assistance in understanding their job responsibilities.
- Maintain files of training materials. Maintain organized log(s) of all training conducted.
- During non-training or non-production periods, the OJT trainer may be called upon to perform in other capacities such as: working on problem solving, continuous improvement or safety programs/training; cross training of operators; assist with training programs in other departments; check for correct procedure and accuracy; and assist in general housekeeping activities.
- Periodic attendance of training seminars, of which some will require out of town or overnight arrangements.
- Perform all training in full compliance with all company, state and/or federal safety and environmental regulations.
- Notify designated personnel of any irregularities in materials, process, or equipment.
- Assist with the development, implementation, and updating of required written safety and health programs and plans. These may include, as needed: Hazard Communication Program, Exposure Control Program (Bloodborne Pathogens), Hazard Assessment and Personal Protective Equipment Program (PPE), Respiratory Protection Program, Chemical Safety, Hazard Communication Program, Lockout/Tagout (LOTO), Confined Space Entry Program, Emergency Action Plan.
- Ensure monthly safety and other compliance trainings and all other specifically required training is provided for all employees.
- Ability to work on any shift as needed to meet internal customer training needs.
- Expected to adhere to safe work practices, follow GMP and HACCP guidelines, maintain sanitary conditions and ensure that product quality is maintained in order to maintain SQF Level 3 certification. Report to management any conditions or practices that may adversely affect food safety, food quality or personnel safety.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and in group situations.
- Ability to respond to questions from internal/external customers/vendors at all levels including management.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, and diagram or schedule form.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- High school diploma or GED