Automotive Service Manager
Bridgestone CorporationFull time Full day
Combining in-depth automotive repair knowledge with people skills. This position will manage customer relationships and frequently serve as a liaison between technicians and customers. It will also select, coach, lead, train and supervise vehicle technicians while assisting with the purchase of parts, materials and equipment.Bridgestone Retail Operations (BSRO) is part of Bridgestone Americas and employs over 22,000 teammates in North America. BSRO operates more than 2,200 company-owned stores, including Firestone Complete Auto Care, Tires Plus and Wheel Works locations. With locations across North America and more than $3 billion in tire and auto service sales, Bridgestone Retail Operations is the right place to build a career. Whatever role you fill, when you represent the Bridgestone name, you are a valued teammate, and part of our larger mission to Serve Society with Superior Quality. We start by offering each teammate more than just competitive pay. We provide formal training, performance incentives, paid vacation and holidays, competitive healthcare packages for full-time and part-time employees, and a 401k plan to help build towards your future. We believe people can only provide superior service and quality to others when they are allowed to bring their whole self to work and know they are supported. We believe in championing all perspectives, individuals and teams because we understand the importance of seeing the world and our business through many different lenses. We are building a team as diverse as the world we serve. So, show us what you are made of. Show us the smart stuff, the tough stuff, the bold, beautiful and brave stuff. Because who you are is what we need.
Assign and schedule work duties to auto service staff according to individual skill level
Serving all automotive service needs of customers
Oversee the hiring and training of an effective auto service team
Ensuring high teammate retention
Maintain compliance with quality standards
Developing customer satisfaction and retention
Other duties as assigned
2-year degree or equivalent
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 4 years of auto service technical experience
- 1 year of service manager or service writer experience
- Problem solving â€" customer complaints
- Aptitude to manage inventory, scheduling, equipment maintenance, etc.
- Capacity to lead and coach others
- Teammate and customer/communication skills
- Ability to recruit and select technicians and general service teammates successfully according to store requirements
- Willingness to continue education and remain current in automotive repair issues
- Must have completed all the current and required BSRO store education courses & modules required for this position.
- Must have valid automotive driverâ€™s license at all times in order to test drive customerâ€™s vehicles