Quality Services Lab Leader, Analytical and Raw Materials
KAOFull time Full day
The Quality Services (QS) Analytical Team Leader will manage assigned personnel and oversee the OTC stability and consumer complaint testing programs, as well as production related testing in the analytical lab. This position will need to effectively & timely resolve any quality issues that impact the Analytical lab. The QS Analytical Team Leader position is responsible for ensuring the Analytical Lab is compliant with internal, cGMP, and industry best practices, such as USP or Personal Care Products Council. The QS Analytical Team Leader will ensure the lab is prepared for internal and external audits.
What you will do:
- Help to ensure the QS Group's compliance with FDA regulations, GMPs & Quality Assurance Standards
- Support the QS internal audit program & helping defend against external audits
- Ensure Plant Standard Operation Procedures (SOPs) & Work Instructions (WIs) are trained on in a timely manner, inclusive of Lab Methods
- Create & Revise SOP/Wis as required
- Review the analytical stability lab's generated records to ensure compliance
- Management of Analytical Lab
- Support direct reports with troubleshooting efforts
- Review all analytical lab data to ensure compliance
- Review & communicate all Analytical out of specification (OOS) and non-conforming work (NCW) results to key customers, such as QA, Planning, or Suppliers.
- Continually identify & support improvement opportunities
- Ensure all facets of testing are procedurally timely & personally supported when needed
- Develop and Mentor direct reports, as well as complete annual performance reviews
- SupportPlant safety programs (Caution cards, safety audits, etc.)
The QS Analytical Team Leader must adhere to all GMP & safety precautions as outlined by Kao USA Inc., all applicable agencies, & standard safety information sources (i.e., SDS)
What you will need:
- Bachelor of Science degree (preferably in Chemistry or Biology) required
- Highly qualified scientist with 3+ years of quality experience, preferably with supervisory experience in an FDA-regulated industry (personal care, OTC drug, or contract test facility)
- Requires the ability to mentor the Analytical lab on cGMP best practices, as well as the ability to defend the lab against audits
- Requires the ability to cover any testing in the lab of responsibility
- Must possess excellent communication, organization, multi-tasking, & prioritization skills, as well as the ability to influence & lead peers within QS & cross-functionally
- Significant experience with Microsoft Office programs & a basic understanding of statistical process control
- Experience with Systems, Applications & Products (SAP) in Data Processing is a plus
- Experience with method development is a plus
- Prior experience managing direct reports is a plus
Who we are: Founded in Japan in 1887, Kao is passionate about making a difference in people's lives with our high quality products and services that make the life of our consumers and customers more beautiful. In the region Europe, Middle East, Africa (EMEA) Kao focuses on premium beauty brands across three distinct sectors: Kao Salon Division, Premium Mass and our London based boutique brand Molton Brown.
How we work: Having been selected among the World´s Most Ethical Companies for 15 consecutive years, we are a company with a purpose and strong corporate values. We never compromise on quality and craft our products with care for the consumer and the environment. At Kao, each employee can actively shape their job and their career. We work collaboratively to achieve our common goals, always aiming to deliver the best for our customers.
What we offer: A friendly and flexible work environment with competitive salaries, benefits package, ongoing development and the opportunity to enhance your skills and deliver tangible results. At Kao your voice will be heard. Your opinion really counts. We believe that change comes from taking opportunities into your own hands, so we value and reward entrepreneurial thinking and innovation.
Hiring Process: Kao embraces the diversity and the individual personalities of its people because we believe it is diversity that makes us strong. This is why we welcome applications from all areas of the global community.
Want to learn more: If you feel you are as unique as our products and want to find out why 33,000 people across the globe opted for a career with us please visit https://www.kao.com/americas/en/
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.