StantecFull time Full day
Survey Technician - ( 210002JF )
Accurate data is the top priority for our Geomatics team. Through our work, we measure, process, and analyze spatial data and define land boundaries. We provide our clients a full range of surveying, and mapping services. Join a team of inspired and talented professionals who continually find inventive ways to get the job done safer, better, faster, and smarter.
In this position as a Survey Technician, you will have the opportunity to work as part of a team of technicians, surveyors, and engineers on multiple projects for a range of public and private sector clients, under the guidance of a Senior Surveyor. You will perform surveying and mapping services to locate improvements, analyze title encumbrances and easements and provide engineering support to assist in the design and construction of site improvements. This is a great opportunity for a motivated, energetic individual who wants to challenge their abilities in a dynamic work environment.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Prepare CAD drawings on a large number of concurrent projects, to include boundary, topographic, land title surveys, subdivision plats, metes and bounds descriptions, and tree surveys.
- Prepare record deed and plat drawings to assist the field crews, reduce field data, calculate contours, complete final survey drawings and retrace the boundaries of a project.
- Coordinate activities of survey field crew, to ensure completion dates and budgets are met, and consistent application of firm operating standards and safety practices.
- Prepare field notes and exhibits for easement agreements.
- Review field notes for completeness and clarity.
- Prepare staking calculations for construction projects.
- Research survey records to obtain information about property boundaries to be surveyed and coordinate findings with the work of engineers, clients and others involved in projects.
- Verify the accuracy of field survey data, including measurements and calculations conducted for survey sites.
- Perform other duties of a similar nature as assigned.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Working knowledge of CAD standards and relevant software programs including AutoCAD Civil3D, MicroStation, Trimble Business Center, Microsoft Office, and related software.
- Familiar with Trimble Equipment, Software and Data collectors.
- Working knowledge of field survey methods and calculations.
- Working knowledge of local survey rules and regulations.
- Working knowledge of field instrumentation, GPS, and robotic total stations.
- Strong math skills, including algebra and trigonometry.
- Requires ability to work well in a team environment.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to work under and meet tight deadlines.
Education and Experience
- Technical degree/diploma/certificate or equivalent in related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience.
Typically, this position works in an open-concept office environment. Local travel may be required, such as attending meetings or visiting job sites. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
COVID-19 is having a big impact on the way we live and work. Stantec’s Health, Safety, Security, and Environment team has created a series of special COVID-19 guidelines and best practices to help keep you, your clients, and the communities you serve safe and healthy during the coronavirus pandemic. Your local leader will work with you to determine the timing and manner of working from the office or from home.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Primary Location : United States-Texas-Plano
Other Locations : United States-Texas-Dallas
Job : Survey Technician
Organization : BC-2220 Community Development-US Texas
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : No
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Oct 18, 2021, 6:59:17 AM
Req ID: 210002JF
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.