Cost Accountant / Analyst
JPS Composite MaterialsFull time Full day
The Cost Analyst/Financial Analyst/Senior Cost Analyst/Senior Financial Analyst (CA, SCA, FA, SFA), will be a key member of the Finance & Accounting team whose primary responsibilities will be in the areas of cost accounting i.e. production and inventory costing, and financial analysis. This position will be an individual contributor reporting to the CFO.
- Ensure timely execution of costing activities with high level of accuracy.
- Participate in, or lead, initiatives or special projects as assigned by Management or the Chief Financial Officer
- Product appropriate reporting, analysis and relevant metrics to drive business decisions in:
- Month/Quarter Closings
- Year End Processes
- Annual goals and objectives
- Budgets and financial outcomes
- Cost and Risk Management plans
- Drive effective relationships and culture by:
- Using proactive team communication with peers and business partners
- Foster, train and develop backups and be willing to cross train in other functional areas
- Maintain and build trusted relationships with clients, partners, and stakeholders
- Adhere to company, federal, state, and local business requirements, enforcing compliance at the highest level of integrity possible, acting when necessary
- Maintain and build trusted relationships with key customers, clients, partners, and stakeholdersRequirements:
- BS/BA Degree in Accounting or Finance
- 3-5 years experience in similar role
- Strong understanding of accounting fundamentals especially various costing methodologies (Standard, ABC, Direct etc.), and regulatory issues
- Be able to diagnose problems quickly, analyze data, and have foresight into potential issues
- Travel as needed, up to 10%
- Ability and willingness to adhere to the JPS Code of Conduct and all other JPS corporate policies and procedures
[MK1]Not exactly sure how we advertise;
on the one hand years of experience is something I would like to shorten the learning curve however that will probably equate to 'Senior"
on the other hand the work isn't that difficult to grasp and so having someone I can promote from FA to SFA within 2-2.5 years is something I want to be able to do...
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.