Jefferson CollegePart time Full day
Incumbent prepares and analyzes financial reports and data within the Business Office of Jefferson College. Responsibilities may include identifying, researching, and resolving account discrepancies; preparing and analyzing standard and ad-hoc reports; and ensuring compliance with policies, procedures, and/or grant requirements.
Minimum Education and/or Training and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in related area, and two years of relevant experience.
Preferred Education and/or Training and Experience
1. Prepare monthly financial reports and analytical data reports for management use, such as financial statements and investment lists.
2. Perform fiscal year-end fixed asset physical inventory. Coordinate with various departments on all campuses to ensure inventory management is addressed throughout accounting department.
3. Track financial investments and prepare journal entries for investment interest into appropriate software system. Track collateral pledged securities balances and other financial information, as needed.
4. Coordinate physical tagging of fixed assets. Track physical location of assets and all changes to location for such assets. Track fixed assets expenditures.
5. Develop and create reports with appropriate documentation for senior management use and discussion.
6. Prepare accounts transactions and journal entries to distribute expense.
7. Prepare monthly/year-end journal entries and key into appropriate general ledger system and prepare reclassification journal entries as needed.
8. Interpret grant documents to determine allowable grant funded expenditures and submit reimbursement requests to various external agencies by specific deadlines.
9. Perform other related duties of a comparable level/type as assigned.
Accounting knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and Governmental Accounting Standards Board (GASB) theory;
Basic accounting principles and practices;
Automated accounting software packages.
Attention to detail;
Interpreting information via contracts and grant requirements;
Microsoft Word and Excel;
Excellent organizational skills;
Advanced computer skills, including Microsoft Office and ERP system;
Ability to multi-task;
Communication, interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with subordinates, coworkers, supervisor, the general public, etc. sufficient to exchange or convey information and to receive work direction.
Machines, Tools, Equipment and Software
Medium Work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Finance & Administration
Director of Financial Reporting and Analysis
If Part-time, hours per week
If Non-exempt, work days
If Non-exempt, work hours
Special Instructions Summary
Quicklink for Internal Posting
It is the policy of Jefferson College that no person shall, on the basis of age, ancestry, color, creed, disability, genetic information, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or veteran status, be subject to discrimination in employment or in admission to any educational program or activity of the College. In compliance with Federal Rules and Regulations, Jefferson College has adopted a procedure for resolving complaints of discrimination. The procedure is available to any Jefferson College student, employee, or applicant who feels that he or she has been discriminated against in employment, student programs, or student activities.
Jefferson College is a community leader dedicated to supporting and promoting diversity through opportunities and experiences that foster a culture of respect, inclusiveness, and understanding for everyone in the campus community to engage in a diverse world.
Job Type: Part-time
Work Location: Multiple Locations
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.