Software Engineer (Java)
NCR CorporationFull time Full day
NCR Corporation (NYSE: NCR) is a leading software- and services-led enterprise provider in the financial, retail and hospitality industries. NCR is headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, with 36,000 employees globally. NCR is a trademark of NCR Corporation in the United States and other countries.
Software Engineer - Server
Right in the heart of the Silicon Prairie, NCR Digital Banking D3 is smack dab in the middle of Omaha, Nebraska. At D3 we utilize the latest technology to build cutting edge product for financial institutions. Working with D3 is about more than a 401(k), relaxed dress code and free snacks (which are all included!), it's about working in a collaborative environment and building a solution that impacts millions of people around the United States.
NCR Digital Banking D3 provides a comprehensive set of digital banking solutions embedded with personal financial management tools built on a single platform that is accessible anytime, anywhere, from any device. Our solution gives financial institutions the flexibility and control to engage more deeply with customers, increase retention, and cross-sell effectively. Our clients are leading the way digital banking is personalized and delivered to end users.
D3 is searching for a highly innovative, enthusiastic and results-driven Engineer to develop D3's next-generation software applications. Work with our collaborative team of individuals where your ideas count.
- Responsible for developing back end applications
- Install and configure software applications
- Analyze all available information to choose the appropriate solution to a problem
- Creative thinking to solve known problems in a new way or to design and develop new ideas into innovative applications
- Use version control software to check out source code, to check in new modules and to track modifications to existing source code
- Use issue management software to manage and track development efforts
- Attend daily agile scrum team standup meetings
- Participate in high-level design discussions
- Write application code and unit test code
- Troubleshoot application error conditions
- Peer review code modifications
- Analyze user requirements
- Develop and modify application software in an Agile scrum environment
- Document software features/modifications
- Keep up to date with technology and apply new knowledge
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, software engineering or proven work experience in related field
- Solid Java programming language experience
- Solid Spring and Hibernate experience
- JMS experience a plus
- Intellij or Eclipse IDE experience a plus
- GIT version control experience a plus
- Maven/Gradle experience a plus
- JIRA issue management experience is preferred
- Relational database experience is preferred
- Apache camel a plus
- Strong complex problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to learn quickly and manage time effectively
- Proven written and oral communication skills
- Experience in the financial industry a plus
D3 offers a competitive salary, flexible hours, full benefit package and much more!
Offers of employment are conditional upon passage of screening criteria applicable to the job.
Full time employee benefits include:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Short/Long Term Disability
- Paid Vacation
Integrated into our shared values is NCR's commitment to diversity and equal employment opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, age, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, military service, genetic information, or any other characteristic or conduct protected by law. NCR is committed to being a globally inclusive company where all people are treated fairly, recognized for their individuality, promoted based on performance and encouraged to strive to reach their full potential. We believe in understanding and respecting differences among all people. Every individual at NCR has an ongoing responsibility to respect and support a globally diverse environment.
Statement to Third Party Agencies
To ALL recruitment agencies: NCR only accepts resumes from agencies on the NCR preferred supplier list. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, NCR employees, or any NCR facility. NCR is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.