Carroll White REMC HR Generalist
Wabash Valley PowerFull time Full day
Located in Monticello, Indiana, Carroll White REMC is an innovative, not-for-profit, member-owned electric cooperative located 30 miles north of Lafayette, Indiana. We provide superior energy and related services to nearly 15,000 families, farms, schools, and businesses. Our culture is driven by the cooperative philosophy and the understanding that we are owned by those who work and live in our communities. Rather than delivering profits to a board room, we are invested in and committed to ensuring our communities thrive.
Our headquarters is located near one of Indiana's largest tourist attractions, Indiana Beach, and home to two of the state's largest boating and fishing lakes. We are located in the State of Indiana's largest county for renewable energy.
As a not-for-profit co-op, we do things a bit differently—and that's the point. Because we aren't influenced by shareholders, we make our decisions with our members in mind. That means we put our members first and value things like community service, teamwork. It also means a business model that's designed for stability and growth. It's a different approach to the energy industry, and that's great news for the people who count on us.
What You'll Get
We believe what benefits our employees benefits our company. That's why we put employees first—your health, your family, and your development. These aren't just slogans: We offer continuing education, health benefits, a 401(k) match and pension plan, and much more. Here are just a few of the things that make our company culture unique:
- No Sweat
We offer a wellness program that includes an on-site fitness center for your convenience and well-being challenges.
You are endowed up to three volunteer service days a year as we are passionate about enhancing our communities.
- Stay in School
We value employees who have a desire to learn, so we provide funds for continuing education.
- Work Hard, Play Hard
We reward our employees with generous vacation time, to the tune of up to five weeks off a year. Even our new employees receive credit for prior work experience.
What You'll Do
We are seeking applicants for an HR Generalist. This person will be responsible for the overall administration, coordination, and evaluation of all Human Resources functions at Carroll White REMC.
You will also be responsible for:
- Implementing human resources strategies and establishing accountabilities, including talent acquisition, staffing, onboarding, compensation, health and welfare benefits, training and development, records management, succession planning, compliance, employee relations and retention.
- Developing and implementing human resources financial strategies by estimating, forecasting, and anticipating requirements, trends, and variances; aligning budget resources, developing action plans; measuring and analyzing results; initiating corrective actions; changing assumptions and directions.
- Managing and facilitating the recruitment and selection process.
- Acting as a business partner to the employees to provide continuous improvement in human resource practices and relations.
- Supporting all Health and Safety activities as required.
- Championing the onboarding process, ensuring the process is up to date and of high quality, providing clarity and connection for all employees and their role in relation to the overall vision
- Maintaining compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Guiding management and employee actions by researching, developing, writing, and updating policies, procedures, and guidelines; communicating and enforcing organizational values.
- Overseeing the preparation and distribution of board meeting reports including the preparation of meeting minutes.
- Handling workplace investigations, disciplinary and termination procedures.
- Leading the performance management review process.
- Serve as back up for payroll and benefit processing.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned.
You love to exceed expectations, apply active listening skills to generate solutions and promptly respond to employees' requests. You love working with people both colleagues and members in a member-focused cooperative environment. You take a constructive approach to understanding the needs of situations and are results-oriented, self-motivated, and have a high level of initiative.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Human Resources or similar field required.
- SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP required
- A minimum of 3-5 years experience in human resources
- Exceptional communication skills, writing skills, and interpersonal skills
- Adept at problem solving and conflict resolution
- Extensive knowledge of HR policies and systems.
- Some prior experience in a supervisory role responsible for monitoring the work and development of others.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.