Production Automation Engineer
ITWFull time Full day
ITW is a Fortune Manufacturing Company with Multi-Billion Dollar revenue and fifty thousand employees world-wide. Known for innovation, diversification, and excellent financial performance.
ITW’s products and solutions are at work all over the world, in deep-sea oil rigs, aerospace technology, bridges and wind turbines, healthcare, the spaces in which we live and work, the cars we drive, and the mobile devices we rely on. We are never, whether we know it or not, more than a few steps from an innovative ITW solution.
ITW’s Automotive segment designs and manufactures innovative fasteners, interior and exterior components, and powertrain and braking systems for OEMs and their top-tier suppliers. ITW’s automotive businesses have a high level of customer intimacy, enabling customer-back innovation to address complex needs such as vehicle efficiency, safety, and quality. Deep market knowledge and strong manufacturing process capabilities allow ITW’s automotive businesses to be nimble, niche problem solvers for their sophisticated customers.
The Body and Fuel Division drives profitability by leveraging its innovative solutions and application engineering. In addition to ITW’s industry leading research and development capabilities, ITW Body and Fuel enhances our customers’ competitive advantage. Body and Fuel is a business group within ITW’s Automotive segment with manufacturing locations in North America. Our Body and Fuel products are made up of housings and doors, innovative Capless solutions and charge ports for major OEMs around the world
Provides shop floor support to maintenance, production, and management for automation work centers in assembly and molding.
• Evaluates and develops plans to improve performance of automation equipment.
• Works closely with all functions to improve the safety, quality, and performance of equipment especially as regards the human machine interface.
• Provides support, staffing and training recommendations.
• Trains, mentors, and works closely with the automation technicians.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree in related field; Engineering, automation design or manufacturing required
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience with automation, electrical and mechanical design and fabricating experience required (preferably within the automotive industry)
• Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
• Must be organized and able to work independently as well as in a team environment
• Proficiency with solid modeling software and the creation of shop prints - SolidWorks or Geomagic design preferred
• Machining experience with CNC experience a plus
• Programming experience (PLC (Allen Bradley), Fanuc, Wittman) a plus
• Experience with hydraulics, robotics, electrical systems, automation, machine maintenance, installation and repair including auxiliary equipment, and material fundamentals - Experience with injection molding a plus
• Must possess exceptional mechanical skills and good visual skills for accessing functionality of equipment
• Ability to program, maintain, and adjust 6-axis and cartesian robotics
• Ability to root cause and troubleshoot complex automation
• Ability to lead and mentor others
• Ability to work overtime and weekends as required
ITW is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.