Great Southern Bancorp, Inc.Full time Full day
Great Southern Bank is recruiting for May 2021 graduates with a Finance, Accounting, or Business major. multiple positions available in the program with different locations: Springfield, MO, Tulsa, OK, St. Louis, MO, Des Moines, IA, Minneapolis, MN, Rogers, AK, and two that are 'open' to potential new locations.
This means we need an individual that is open to move to any city in our footprint.
The training program is a 5 month program that will teach an individual how to become a credit analyst. Their time in the program will be spent in Overland Park, KS (3 months) and Springfield, MO (2 months).
Great Southern will pay for housing during the program in an apartment that we have chosen. We will also pay an hourly wage during the program. After successful completion of the training program, the individual will move to the market that we have already pre-determined to be a credit analyst.
- Begin your successful career at a strong, publicly-traded company with a personal community-first approach.
- 20 Weeks of on-site training with three months in Overland Park, KS and two months in Springfield, MO
- Paid housing during training
- Sign-on bonus at the completion of the program and acceptance of a position as a Credit Analyst
This position is a 20 week program that requires relocation for training purposes to Springfield, MO and Overland Park, KS.
This program will provide a meaningful work experience in several key areas of the Lending Division. Trainees will work closely with bank staff to gain knowledge and understanding of bank policies, procedures, and regulations in the following areas of the bank: Commercial Lending, Consumer Lending, Loan Operations, and Residential Lending. This position will also be exposed to several other areas of the bank to gain an understanding of their importance to the Lending Division. This position is under immediate supervision, but following existing policies and procedures as well as all applicable banking laws and regulations, including BSA and AML.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Works closely with assigned mentor in Residential Lending to gain knowledge of mortgage lending, secondary market, mortgage underwriting, processing, disclosures, and regulations. This duty is performed monthly, about 20% of the time.
- Works closely with assigned mentor in Consumer Lending to gain knowledge of personal loan types, credit report analysis, DTI, and collection efforts. This duty is performed monthly, about 20% of the time.
- Works closely with assigned mentor in Loan Operations to gain knowledge of loan tracking and documentation processes. Responsible for learning the bank's core loan system. This duty is performed monthly, about 20% of the time.
- Completes a wide variety of data input, word processing, copying, correspondence, reports, memos, etc. This duty is performed daily, about 20% of the time.
- Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Broad knowledge of such fields as accounting, marketing, business administration, finance, etc.
Equivalent to a four year college degree is required.
0 to 6 months related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
The following physical activities described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions and expectations.
Semi-repetitive, low physical. Semi-repetitive type work which requires periods of concentration for varied time cycles as prescribed by the tasks.
While performing the functions of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel, talk or hear; and occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision; and distance vision.
- Ability to display professionalism and a high level of maturity in all situations. • Willingness to network with all levels inside and outside of the organization.
Great Southern Bank is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, treating all candidates and employees equitably without regard to race, color, gender, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Monday - Friday 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Total Hours: 40
Job grade: 8
Please email [email protected] for additional information or questions.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.